harbourlady99

Default Alexander Browning Rae and Robert Browning Ra

I am trying to find out if either Robert or his brother Alexander who married two sisters (Lucy Elinor Harris and Catherine Ellen Harris) from England, had any children. Catherine married Alex in 1928 and Robert married Lucy in 1926 both in Queensland. I have a nephew over in Australia for the next year or so who would love to connect with his family tree in Australia. It looks like they were based in Mackay, Dawson. Thanks

Hello
    There is a public tree on ancestry which has only two people in it. Alexander Browning Rae born 28 October 1896 - Mackay, Queensland, Australia and his son John Alexander Rae, no birth date but died 2000.
    The owner appears to have the surname Rae and last logged in a year ago. Making contact with this person could be very helful to your search.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Have you checked the newspapers at trove.nla.gov.au?

The family were living in Mackay Queensland

Thomas Browniing RAE ( father ) died 15 Feb 1944 among the issue listed are: Robert / Alexander / Gordon.

Robert married 11 feb 1928.

The family in the 1920's lived at Raeburn Byron St Mackay

Another son John McLean died 17 Feb 1917 you will probably find his death at cwgc .org.

The 'tree' on ancestry only has 2 entry + a private box!

The White Pages shows that there are still a few people with the surname Rae living in Mackay. A phone call or perhaps an explanatory letter may ignite further contact?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

harbourlady99

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hello
    There is a public tree on ancestry which has only two people in it. Alexander Browning Rae born 28 October 1896 - Mackay, Queensland, Australia and his son John Alexander Rae, no birth date but died 2000.
    The owner appears to have the surname Rae and last logged in a year ago. Making contact with this person could be very helful to your search.
    Christina
    Thank you. I have already done that one.

harbourlady99

Thanks, thats really helpful I will check out the links.