Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Loves to help with queries

So why was she formerly PUDDY on her son's birth certificate? Where does that come from?

Rochoy

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    So why was she formerly PUDDY on her son's birth certificate? Where does that come from?
    Mary PUDDY married a William HARDWICKE 16th June 1814 at
    South Brent, Somerset, England, (Familysearch) they had two sons, that I have so far

Marriages Mar 1841
    HARDWICK William Bedminster 11 77
    STOKES Mary Bedminster 11 77
    and

Charles Puddy HARDWICK b. 26 Jan 1821 d. 28 May 1849 Portbury, Somerset.(Ancestry)

Mary was born 31 Oct 1849, so I think that's where the Name came from, ( Grandmother's Maiden Name and Uncles death lead to her name)

Loves to help with queries

Must be having a senior moment here :-) Still don't see why Mary Jane HARDWICK would be named 'formerly PUDDY' on her child's birth certificate.

Sue

Rochoy

I also, would not know why she would be 'formerly PUDDY' on George's certificate, ( maybe the person entering the information misunderstood, "MARY JANE PUDDY HARDWICK" and omitted HARDWICK. ) On his and Eliza's, Baptism she is down only as ' BROOKS'. Maybe I will have to consider getting their Birth Certificate's as well to clear up that information. John William being the eldest might have more information, only I cannot find him, as M J P HARDWICK's marriage to W B BROOKS, that would have the answers.
    Barbara

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Almach
    Did any of your John Brooks migrate to Australia. The john Brooks i have migrated as a widower in 1839 at the age of 55. he had 5 children 4 boys and a girl. if this is one of yours, i can help with the Aus connections.
    Trish

Rochoy

Hello, My Brooks only came to South Africa in 1890, their father and her husband , who died in 1887, Marylebone, Middlesex, was only born in 1841, according to the 1881 census, I still have not been able to find out where he was born. Barbara

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123