Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Rochoy

Sorry, realized after I posted, it is the Census Source Citation, Yes I do have the 1881 Census for them.
    Regards
    Barbara

Frederick Samuel B Brooks
    Registration Year: 1878
    Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Registration district: Marylebone
    Inferred County: London
    Volume: 1a
    Page: 549

Rochoy

Thanks, I do have FSB Brooks's GRO, I am trying to find JOHN WILLIAM BROOKS's birth abt 1875 and WILLIAM BICKERTON BROOKS's marriage to MARY JANE PUDDY HARDWICK abt 1873, there does not seem to be any GRO's for either. I have found WGB Brooks's Baptism in ST Lukes, Marylebone (also have his Copy of Entry for Birth) and Eliza Mary Jane Bickerton Brooks's Baptism in ST Marys Marylebone. (GRO vol 1a pg 573)
    What denomination are these Churches? I think my only chance of finding these records will be through Church Records.
    Barbara

Both CoE

Predominately the Parish Records on line are CoE, non conformist religion
    , as Methodist / Catholic / etc are now being digitalized and placed on line

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/MDX...e/churches.htm

This marriage has been mentioned before so may be worth keeping a note of!

Name: Mary Jane Hardwick
    Birth Date: 1849
    Marriage Date: 17 Jul 1871
    Marriage Place: Bedminster, Somerset, England
    Father: William Hardwick

Spouse: Thomas Hunt

FHL Film Number: 1849436
    Reference ID: p149 item297

I think this is the death you refer to , I can find nothing else about it!

William Brooks
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1841
    Registration Year: 1887
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Age at Death: 46
    Registration district: Marylebone
    Inferred County: London
    Volume: 1a
    Page: 465

Mary Jane's family?

RG10; Piece: 2517; Folio: 83; Page: 9
    William Hardwick 56 head
    Mary Hardwick 57 wife
    Mary J Hardwick 21 dau
    Emily Hardwick 15 dau
    Susannah Garratt 9 g/dau

The 1881 census & George's 1881 baptism also suggest the father was a 'shopman'

Maybe obtaining the birth certificate of One of the children will shed some light on the parents names. These cost £9.25 form this link www.gro.gov.uk

Rochoy

Thanks again, I have traced Mary back to her family, so I have all her details, On George William Bickerton Brooks's Baptism his father is mentioned also as a Shopman, but his "Birth Certificate" (I have a copy of this) says he is a Coach Painter, however the birth is registered 10 Aug 1880 and the Baptism and Census in 1881, so he could have changed his occupation between 1880 and 81.
    I have found this: Births Sep 1874
    Hunt John William. Marylebone 1a 513
    It could be John William " Brooks." I have not been able to find his Death Certificate here in S.A. only his Marriage, I will see if I can find it for "Hunt"
    also
    Deaths Mar 1876
    HUNT Thomas 0 Marylebone 1a 447

Then there is a death for : Deaths Jun 1877
    HUNT Thomas Richard 52 Marylebone 1a 395
    This could be Mary Jane Hardwick's husband
    Frederick Samuel Bickerton Brooks was registered in Dec 1878, so it is possible, however I still cannot find any marriage between a Mary /Jane ................ and a ..................... Brooks. I have tried every possible combination.

Ordering Certificates with the rand/pound exchange becomes expensive, but that is not the problem, it's just that S.A's postal system is slack, I had to ask someone to order the same document, as I had already ordered and send me a scan copy, that's how I know the information. I'm still waiting for my paid copy.
    Barbara

Loves to help with queries

You say you have all Mary's details and have traced her family ....can you give more details and say how she was named on George's 1880 birth certificate? I know how frustrating it is when you can't find a marriage but back then when working people had marital problems divorce was not an option so they just lived with the next partner as man and wife. William B B was older than Mary so maybe he was married before.

Rochoy

Hi,
    Mary is the daughter of William and Mary HARDWICK of Portbury, Somerset. Baptised "MARY JANE PUDDY HARDWICK", on 9 Dec 1849, b. 31 Oct 1849.
    On George's 1880 birth certificate, she is down as "Mary BROOKS, formerly PUDDY" With her Death Notice, and the Form of Information of a Death, both gave her Maiden Name as HARDWICK. Also both documents state her 1st marriage as being "BROOKS".
    George's birth certificate has his father as "William Bickerton BROOKS." The possiblity that William B B was married before is there, that's why I would like to try and find John William BROOKS's birth record, that could help narrow down my search. I have not been able to find his Death Notice here in S.A.

Mary is the daughter of William and Mary HARDWICK of Portbury, Somerset. Baptised "MARY JANE PUDDY HARDWICK", on 9 Dec 1849, b. 31 Oct 1849.
    Baptism record suggests J= JUNE

Name: Mary June ... Hardwick
    Baptism Date: 4 Dec 1849
    Baptism Place: Portbury, Somerset, England
    Father: William Hardwick
    Mother: Mary
    FHL Film Number: 1517605
    Reference ID: item 2 p 58

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast