Judwim

Red face Truskolasy. near Czestochowa, Poland

I am hoping someone will recognise the name of this little town. My husband's family (Wajnbaum / Weinbaum) came from here. We have visited it but could find no record of them or the Jewish community. I believe all records were lost during WW2.
    We are hoping someone may know some details of the Jewish community there and be able to tell us a little of Jewish life prior to the war.
    Kind regards,
    Judith

Judith
    You might want to read Where Once we Walked: A Guide to the Jewish Communities Destroyed in the Holocaust.Revised Edition G Mokotoff and S Sack Publisher Avotaynu. The Revised edition contains references to over 6000 Polish towns. See also JewishGen SIG Groups for the various regions and also on JewishGen the 1929 Polish Business Directory which contains brief data on Truskolasy. Look at the JewishGen Family Tree for any last names as your husband.

You might also want to post on British Jewry and see if any other researchers know of the locations and names.
    Phillip

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Pre-War Truskolasy

While translating some Yiddish to English I came across mention of this town. If you're still interested (your message was dated 2009), please email me at deborah AT deborahAgreen DOT com and I will send you the excerpt.

Stay well.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 14-02-2021 at 9:57 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers