Wilkes_ml

Default Dursley Corn Meeting Gloucestershire

Dursley Corn Meeting (Congregational) Non-conformist RG8/12c although inside flyleaf says “Cam the Dissenting Church” Register of children baptised (1776 to 1838)

Find My past doesn't seem to have this register in their non-conformist birth & baptism collection. Ancestry does, but there seems to be a gap in the register between 1788-1799.

I also purchased and downloaded the Gloucestershire Family History Society's 3 volumes on non-conformist indexes (and it doesn't seem to have that church on it at all!)

Now I am convinced my Ancestor James HARDING born 1790-1791 was baptised here, although he states he was born in Gloucester (mainly down to the fact that in 1851 he was living next door to an Edwin HARDING, born at Dursley and baptised at the Corn meeting Congregational church in 1817) . Unfortunately there was more than one James HARDING in the area at the time of the 1841 - 1861 census....one a rope maker, one an Ironmonger and Farm owner, and my one was a plasterer, just to make things a touch more complicated!

I'm wondering if someone with access to the Genealogist could kindly check if the Dursley Corn meeting (congregational) church has more than the above register on their site.

I'm still working my way manually through Anglican parish registers just in case a) he was baptised late, and Ancestry just isn't showing him or b) he was illegitimate & baptised under a different surname.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reputation beyond repute

I can't exactly answer the question but what should be there according to the National Archives catalogue is -

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...=&_st=adv&_rv=

The Genealogist/BMD Registers are the official National Archives partners for this category.

Wilkes_ml

Thanks Peter. I have to laugh at myself, I just took Ancestry's name of the register as Corn Meeting when it should have been Cam meeting ....I should have spotted that!

I tried to look on the Genealogist site, but could not see any list of what documents it actually held, and last time I used the two week trial, I descoverered the documents they said they had, were not actually as described, so reluctant to sign up to them to find out they have exactly the same documents that I have already searched elsewhere.