Thread: Lacy Brickwall

Char

Default Lacy Brickwall

Can't find birth certificate for Charles Lacy. Mother is Emma Lacy as she was not married. Born June of 1857 or 59 in or around Stockbury, Kent, England. Any help would be appreciated.--Char

gasser

On freebmd there is a birth registered at Milton about 14 miles from Stockbury.
    1857 Dec qtr. Lacy Charles Milton vol2a pg581

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

What information do you have to draw this conclusion, i.e census records / baptism etc

Starting to feel at home

I believe that the Charles Lacy baptised in Dec Quarter died as an infant, as there was a Charles Lacy death registered in Milton in the same Quarter

Starting to feel at home

There is a Stockbury baptism to Thomas and Hannah Lacy 18 October 1857

Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by catfordcrooner View Post
    I believe that the Charles Lacy baptised in Dec Quarter died as an infant, as there was a Charles Lacy death registered in Milton in the same Quarter
    this Charles died 8 November and was aged 1 month, at death, and was "of Bredgar", place of death was Stockbury. He was the son of Thomas & Hannah, baptised 18th October.
    (information from Kent Baptism & Death transcriptions)

Char

Thank you all for your replies. For some reason Buckland comes up in the back of my mind. Maybe that is where Charles was born?

janbooth

Hi Char,

There is a private Family Tree on Ancestry hosted by Eliza1843 which states that Charles LACY, mother Emma LACY was born c1858 at Buckland, Kent. If this is not your Tree, and I am guessing not as Buckland was only hovering in your mind, it could be worthwhile contacting the owner Eliza1843 for information about your Charles.

Could this perhaps be your Charles LACY living at Blind Lane in the 1861 census of Milton (RG9/528, folio 162, page 21):

Peter EASTMOND Head Mar 31 Brick Maker Hampshire Derby
    Harriett do Wife Mar 24 Kent Stockbury
    James LACEY Brother in law Un 27 Ground Pit Worker do do
    Charles do Nephew 3 do Buckland

There is a baptism for a Harriet LACEY at Stockbury on 22 May 1836, daughter of William & Harriet LACEY (Ancestry Select Births & Christenings) which would fit it pretty well with the birth details given on the 1861 census for Harriet EASTMOND. Also baptisms (amongst others) at Stockbury for an Emma LACY on 19 October 1838 and James LACY 23 February 1834, but in this case the parents are shown as William & Martha LACY. However, all the other baptisms to William LAC(E)Y at Stockbury show his wife to be Martha, so it could be that whoever wrote down the baptismal entry for Harriet put her name down as the mother instead of Martha.

Gives you a bit more to research, though.

Janet

Char

Janet--How do I go about finding this private family tree on Ancestry? It sounds like it could be my tree

Char

janbooth

I went into Ancestry.co.uk and using the Advanced Search facility entered Charles Lacy, born 1858 plus or minus 2 years at Buckland, Kent and the first page that comes up has on the right hand side "Matching persons from Family Trees" with a family photograph. Click on that and it brings up a page with "Contact this member for more information". Exactly the same info comes up if you use Ancestry.com, which is what I assume you use.

Good luck and hope the contact proves fruitful for you.

Janet