Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default Louisa Isabel Dillon

Louisa was my first cousin twice removed. I have details of her from her birth (1 May 1880).
    I have all her census records excluding the census of 1911. Louisa Isabel Dillon died in 1969 aged 89 years in Surrey. The death record shows her birth date as 1 May 1880, so this death record is correct.

Louisa was the daughter of William Thomas Dillon and Elizabeth Dillon nee Cook. For the
    record, Elizabeth was the sister of Thomas Cook whom I’ve written about often to B-G.

I would like to find the 1911 census record for Louisa but it is proving to be a bit of a problem
    as it appears she is nowhere to be found.

However, I have come across an entry for an Isabelle Dillon in 1911 living in Fulham and her
    occupation is shown as ‘Actress’. Could this Isabelle Dillon be my relative, Louisa Isabel Dillon?

Thank you to all who may be able to give me an answer, ‘yes’ or even ‘no’. I would just like to
    complete my record of Louisa. If it is felt that Louisa and Isabelle are one and the same person,
    can you direct me to any newspaper advertising and possible photos etc. that may be available.

If I've left out any details which you require, please advise and I will give you as many further details
    which I am able to supply.

Sandeea

Hello sandeea
    The National Portrait Gallery site has some paintings of an Isabel Dillon actress, born 1881 https://www.npg.org.uk/collections/se.../isabel-dillon

There is an article about her in Sheffield Evening Telegraph South Yorkshire, England 17 Apr 1914. She was appearing in the show "Within The Law" and described as a musical comedy artiste

There is an Isabelle Dillon born 1879 on the 1881 born Lancashire, also in 1901 an Isabel Dillon born 1881 Kilburn, London and actress. Because of the variation in spellings a closer look at these is needed.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

For anyone struggling to find Isabelle in 1911 on FMP, her surname has been transcribed as Dillow.
    Census ref is RG14/310 SN34

The Isabelle in 1911 says she was born in Kilburn.
    In 1881 Louisa and her family are living in Willesden. Which is next door to Kilburn.

Pam

Thank you Christanel and Pam. I have a feeling that Isabel Dillon the actress is not my relative. Her birth year is not correct. I do have a definite date of death for Louisa Isabel Dillon which is different to Isabel the actress.

I appreciate your efforts and I will look further into this and will let you know if I find anything further.

EileenT

Default Re Louisa Dillon

I have found a Miss Agnes Dillon, with a Miss Louisa Dillon, both spinsters on a passenger list, leaving Liverpool 26/9/1905 for Boston, USA on the ship "Saxonia".
    According to a public family tree on ancestry, Agnes Dillon was the sister of William T Dillon, and Louisa's Aunt.
    If she died in Surrey, she must have returned to England.
    Hope this helps.
    Eileen

https://
    search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=tna%2fbt27%2f0468000008%2f01454
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 11-02-2015 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Direct link to commercial site removed

Thank you Eileen. I've checked it out on Ancestry and found also, Louisa Isabel Dillon returned to Liverpool in October 1905 (actual date not shown) on board the 'Cymric'. So far, I haven't seen her aunt's name on board the 'Cymric'. I will also now look at the FMP record.
    Thank you again for your help.
    Sandeea

Smile Louisa Isabel Dillon

I've added the travel information feeling fairly confident that I have the right person. My only concern now is that I've just found the aunt's marriage to a Joseph Franks, so why was she (Agnes) using the name Dillon in her travels?
    Solve one problem (well, you think you have) and immediately gain another one!

Sandeea

Name well known on Brit-Gen

How sure are you that the 'trips' are correct?

RG11; Piece: 411; Folio: 26; Page: 26

Louisa DILLON ( xscribed as WILLOW) b 1873 with a sister Agnes b 1879 Lodon

Sisters travelling together answers your query about the married Aunt not travelling as her married surname and why you cannot find her coming back to the UK

Another school entry

Louisa Dillon
    Birth Date: 1 May 1878
    School: St Marylebone Central School
    Borough: Westminster
    Admission Date: 17 Jan 1893
    Parent: William

I presume you have the death certificate, do you know what Louisa did as a vacation, and was it a relative who advised of the event?

However, I have come across an entry for an Isabelle Dillon in 1911 living in Fulham and her
    occupation is shown as ‘Actress’. Could this Isabelle Dillon be my relative, Louisa Isabel Dillon?
    1901 RG13; Piece: 3357; Folio: 77; Page: 13
    Monks Coppenhall ( CREWE Cheshire)

Isabella DILLON 20 Actress Kilburn London #3
    family are living in Willesden. Which is next door to Kilburn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast