savie68

Red face Saviel Family in India and Burma.

Hi all I would like to know if anyone has information on the Saviel family in India and Burma.
    My great grand father was George Thomas Saviel who was born in India in 1827. He was married in 1873 in Burma and had 3 childern called Lilly Saviel, Edwin David Saviel and Annie Lucy Saviel .

If anyone know more about them let me know.

Yoursfaithfully,
    George T Saviel
    09th of February 2015

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

I have found a marriage of a George Thomas Saviel but it was in 1856. This one married a Sophia Mary Morley on 10 January 1853 at Calcutta. He was 21, so born c1835 and the bride was 15! His father George Saviel and hers William Morley.
    Do you know who your George Thomas married and when their three children were born?

Ah, I see Annie Lucy married an Ernest Henry Albert at Bassein Bengal in 1911 and she was age 23 and Ernest age 20. So Annie born c1888.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I see that you have written a little of your history which appears online in Google books.

Looking at some information you posted on familycircles your George Thomas did marry Sophia Morley in 1853 so did he put his birth date to 1835 to appear closer to his brides age I wonder.

Did you know the name of this child born to George and Sophia? Is only a transcription so no birth date given. It may be on familysearch.org
    Jane Eliza Charlotte Saviel
    Father - George Thomas Saviel
    Mother - Sophia Mary

This may help others trying to help you.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    I see Annie Lucy married an Ernest Henry Albert at Bassein Bengal in 1911 and she was age 23 and Ernest age 20. So Annie born c1888.
    apparently Ernest Henry Albert's father was "R. NAUX" and the marriqge date was 13th Nov 1911

Nicolina

an Edwin SAVIEL (no middle name) was born in 1855 and died 21st Jul 1861 in Madras.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Findmypast has the British India Office birth deaths and marriage records, which cover the period up to independence in 1948. Saviel seems to be quite a popular name in India: 53 births and baptisms, 62 deaths, and 58 marriages.

These include 2 death records for a Lily Saviel, but they were both married ladies so not the one that you are looking for.

I don’t think that the death record for Edwin that Nicolina found is yours either. The original register is quite feint but the father’s name does not look like George. The mother’

Name well known on Brit-Gen

He was married in 1873 in Burma a
    News report of the marriage

Groom Saviel
    First names George Thomas
    Bride Morley
    First names Sophia Mary
    Place Calcutta
    Year 1853
    Month Jan
    Day 10
    Register Entry At Calcutta on the 10th Jan at the old church Mission Row by the Revd H Thomas Mr George Thomas Saviel to Miss Sophia Mary Morley
    Edition Year 1853
    Edition Date 21-Jan

Have you looked on FIBIS?

savie68

My great grand father was married Daw Hnin Si in 1873 in Burma and had 3 childern name Lilly Saviel ,Edwin David Saviel and Annie Lucy Saviel. He had 3 childern with Sophia Mary Morley they are George Saviel born about 1853,Jannet Eliza Saviel born about 1853 and Alexander Saviel born about 1864. Yours George T Saviel.
    Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

I have found a marriage of a George Thomas Saviel but it was in 1856. This one married a Sophia Mary Morley on 10 January 1853 at Calcutta. He was 21, so born c1835 and the bride was 15! His father George Saviel and hers William Morley.
    Do you know who your George Thomas married and when their three children were born?

Ah, I see Annie Lucy married an Ernest Henry Albert at Bassein Bengal in 1911 and she was age 23 and Ernest age 20. So Annie born c1888.

Christina