hexham

Default ROSE McBRIDE Of PORTAFERRY

I have hit a brick wall tracing Rose McBride, Rose was born 18/02/1877 in Portaferry, parents Archibald McBride and Eliza Tomelty, I have her on the 1901 census living in High Street, Portaferry but nothing after that, no trace at all.

Visits to Ireland and to PRONI, GRONI and Downpatrick Library have drawn a blank, can anyone help me find out what happened to Rose......... PLEASE !!!!

Knowledgeable and helpful

Looked for a marriage or death for Rose McBride in Ireland 1901 – 1911 but I don’t see one in Co Down. Have you tried the censuses for Scotland, England & Wales, to see if she moved there?
    ELWYN

janbooth

Could she have emigrated? Ancestry have 2 records on their Passenger Lists for a Rose McBRIDE, both departing from Londonderry, one on 26 Sep 1912, aged 35, on the SS Cameronia to New York and the other on 2 Feb1913, aged 35, on the SS California to New York, the latter with a 4 year old Andrew McBRIDE so perhaps less likely to be your Rose. Just found another Rose McBRIDE departing Londonderry on 16 April 1904 on the SS Columbia bound for New York. The transcription shows her age to be 24 but looking at the actual image it could just as easily be age 22, so perhaps another possibility.

Janet

hexham

Thank you Elwyn, can't see anything on the 1911 English census either !

hexham

Thank You janbooth, I looked these up but they appear not to be my Rose McBride, amazing how many of them there are !! Have also searched GRONI records but no luck, Will have to try again.