Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    howardjd

Hello Everyone! Here's a tough one for me.
    A bit of background. In 1976 a Dunstone family reunion was held in Swan Hill, Victoria, Australia. There was a lot of related people who turned up. A family tree had been produced (Well before the internet!) on paper from various sources. One branch of the family had almost nothing known about them as they had seemingly disappeared.
    Daniel Robert Dunstone Bn 26th Oct 1875 in Amherst,Victoria, Died 1965 in NSW, was shown as the last of his line. This branch had/has lost contact with the family.
    trove.nla.gov.au is a great free resource for family history in Australia and there I found his marriage in 1913, his sons and then their marriages but nothing more. Colin Robert Dunstone Bn 1913 Dd 2000 married Edith Reeve and Leonard Bruce Dunstone Bn 1914 - ? married Dorothy Heel. Australian privacy laws prevent birth searches past 1915 (100 yr law) but I feel sure there MUST be descendants, my cousins out there somewhere ! Please bear in mind I am following the Dunstone One Name Tree however contact with members of closely related families would be very welcome as I also have a tree for all the descendants of Robert & Elizabeth Dunstone who arrived in South Australia in 1840.
    If anyone has any ideas, I welcome your input, most humbly.

Hi
    I have just been looking at the Electoral rolls and the last one Leonard Bruce and Dorothy Grace Dunstone appear on is 1968 at 448A Pacific Highway Artarmon. His occupation - Clerk.
    I then went backwards to see if any unmarried children may be still living at home and in 1954 at the same address as 1968 there is a female who may be a daughter. Dorothy is home duties and the other woman a stenographer.
    There is also another Leonard Bruce Dunstone in 1954 in Clovelly but the female names don't include a Dorothy. I wonder if this is a son?
    If you don't have access to the Electoral rolls I can pm you the names.

There is this death
    Leonard Bruce Dunstone
    Residence Date - 1988
    Residence Place - Brisbane
    Died 9 Sep 1988

Evidently the death notice was in the Sydney Morning Herald. It is on the Ryerson Index but no other details. I can't see a death for Dorothy Grace on there.

Christina

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

There is a public tree on ancestry - owner Marie_Banham which has Colin Robert and Edith Reeves (1918-1983) on it. It has one descendant of this couple whose details are private. The owner hasn't signed in for over a year but if she still has the same email address you may make contact.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

A fountain of knowledge

NAA have WW2 military indexes for Leonard and Colin and also POW cards for Colin. You can request for the military records [for a fee] to be opened which might give more family info on them. The POW cards are online but unless you can read Japanese ......

https://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/

A fountain of knowledge

Not what you asked for but could be of interest if you havent already seen it.

Prisoners of War:
    C R Dunstone
    Service Number: NX27254

Unit: 2/19th Australian Infantry Battalion

Conflict: Second World War, 1939-1945

Theatre of war: Malaya

Casualty: Prisoner of War

Location of camp: Thailand

https://www.awm.gov.au/people/rolls/R1455776/

howardjd

[QUOTE=shippo;606156]NAA have WW2 military indexes for Leonard and Colin and also POW cards for Colin. You can request for the military records [for a fee] to be opened which might give more family info on them. The POW cards are online but unless you can read Japanese ......

Thanks Shippo but these two I have accounted for and they are not the ones I seek. Amendment!, your other post shows as C.R. Dunstone. The one I have seen before is a Colin Clive so made an erroneous assumption too quickly. C.R. Dunstone is a son of Daniel R Dunstone. Colin Robert, so well done !
    Last edited by howardjd; 05-02-2015 at 1:21 AM. Reason: new info

A fountain of knowledge

Ryerson index

DUNSTONE Colin Robert Death notice 10JUL2000 Death 86 late of West Hoxton Sydney Morning Herald 13JUL2000

DUNSTONE Leonard Bruce Death notice 09SEP1988 Death at Brisbane Sydney Morning Herald 10SEP1988

You can request a copy of the notices on the below link.

https://www.ryersonindex.org/

howardjd

Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    Ryerson index

DUNSTONE Colin Robert Death notice 10JUL2000 Death 86 late of West Hoxton Sydney Morning Herald 13JUL2000

DUNSTONE Leonard Bruce Death notice 09SEP1988 Death at Brisbane Sydney Morning Herald 10SEP1988

You can request a copy of the notices on the below link.

https://www.ryersonindex.org/
    Thats the Colin Robert I seek. There is a question about Leonard Bruce as there are two running around about the same time. Although born 1908 as Leonardus Bruce he is also know as Leonard Bruce, son of Leonardus Henry. I seek the son, Leonard Bn 1914 or Daniel Robert. Well actually I am seeking their offspring which is the really hard part, privacy laws and all.

A fountain of knowledge

Im just throwing up on here anything i find so if you already have it just disregard it.

I found a group photo with your Colin Robert in it.

The link is a really interesting read and has the photo.

https://www.qns.org.au/Articles/2-19%...ter%20Web.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast