Richard Miller

Default Problems launching Family Tree Maker 2012

Hi

I would appreciate any advice about how I can access FTM 2012 on my PC. I bought the World edition on disc in 2013. I appear to have deleted the FTM.exe file to run the program. The FTM.exe file is missing from C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Tree Maker 2012. I have a world wide subscription to Ancestry so can see my tree online but cant view it on my PC
    I don't know how to get it back.

Regards

Richard

FTM.exe is the programme. If you've deleted it, you'll need need to reinstall. Did you buy CDs, or install from a download?

Richard Miller

Default Problems launching Family Tree Maker 2012

Hi Lesley

Thanks for your reply. I bought a the Family Tree Maker 2012 world edition ancestry.co.uk supplied by avanquest

I have tried to remove the program by uninstalling it but there was nothing in my list of programs to uninstall. I have tried to reinstall it from the disk but all I get is 4 error messages telling me files have not been found?

I'm not sure what to do next.

Regards

Richard

Brick wall demolition expert!

Try contacting avanquest or even Ancestry and see if they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Miller View Post
    Hi

I appear to have deleted the FTM.exe file to run the program. The FTM.exe file is missing from C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Tree Maker 2012.
    Richard

If you think you have deleted it have you looked in your Recycle bin for it?
    Did you try system restore to a point before you installed FTM?
    Have you done a virus check?

By googling I can see that there are repair tools for this problem but of course they cost.

One thing that stuck in my mind was on a forum (which I can't find now!) and one person suggested opening the program by right clicking on it and clicking on administrator. The poster asking how to fix it reported success. What you do is click on Start then right click on the program from the list of programs. This brings up a list of actions and 'open as administrator' is about the 6th down.

I am just a frustrated computer user who goes searching for answers to problems that crop up but none of the above suggestions can do your computer any harm.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs