Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    janbooth

I think the burial of Ann wife of Thomas THACKER at Northampton All Saints could be a red herring. I only mentioned it because she was shown as the wife of Thomas THACKER. However, there are 2 marriages at Northampton All Saints for a Thomas THACKER to an Ann, the first to an Ann RICKETTS on 13 November 1791, both of the parish, and the second on 3 November 1808, where he is shown as a widower, to an Ann HAMPSHIRE, widow, both of the parish. Obviously, if this Thomas is still alive in 1808, he does not connect to the Thomas THACKER buried in 1802 at Aston who is shown as of Appletree. Unfortunately no age is shown on the burial transcription, so I have no idea when this Thomas was born.

There are only 2 marriages for a Thomas THACKER with an Aston le Walls connection on the Marriage Index, the one to Elizabeth DUNKLEY and one on 5 December 1831 at Chipping Warden of Thomas THACKER of Aston le Walls to Rachael GARRATT of the parish. Another THACKER marriage with an Appletree connection is one at Aston le Walls on 16 February 1823 between James THACKER of Appletree & Ann PLOMER of the parish.

There is only one family of THACKER's on the whole of the Baptismal Index 1700-1750 and that is John & Catherine who are having children at Aston between 1728 and 1744. On the Baptismal Index 1751-1812, William & Anne have only the 2 children Thomas & Hannah and William is described as of Appletree in both baptisms. Thomas & Elizabeth are described as of Appletree in the majority of the baptisms of their children.

Michael THACKER who is presumably the son of John & Catherine seems to have married an Elizabeth and they are having children at Blakesley between 1765 and 1777. There is a John THACKER married to a Rebecca who is having children at Northampton St Sepulchre or All Saints between 1773 and 1778 who could be another of the sons of John & Catherine.

No burial record on the Burial Index for Anne THACKER between her baptism and the baptism of Hannah, but I have seen instances where both names have been used in the same family, in fact I have an instance in my own direct line where I have two daughters within the the same family named Anne and both mentioned in their father's will as Anne the elder and Anne the younger!!

There is a Hannah CAPELL daughter of William baptised at Weedon Bec on 20 March 1724 but there are also a couple of marriages for a Hannah CAPEL(L) in the 1750's, so I don't know if she would be relevant to you at all. No indication as to whether William or Anne had been married previously on the Index.

All the source records are from Transcriptions on CD produced by Northants Family History website. I should imagine, but cannot be 100% sure, that if you put an acknowledgement it would be okay but I would advise you to check on their website to make certain what their copyright conditions are.

Janet

lotsahunters

Default Anne

I checked out the family in Northampton and they did not have a child named James, so we can assume Thomas and Elizabeth are the correct parents.

lotsahunters

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    I can confirm the marriage at Flore C of E on 17 January 1792 between Thomas THACKER of Aston le Wall, bachelor & Eliz DUNKLEY of the parish, spinster, by licence (source Northamptonshire Marriage Index 1700-1837). The fact that the marriage was by licence could indicate that one, or both, of them was under the age of 21 and needed their parents' consent. If the licence survives it may give you confirmation of Elizabeth's parents.
    Janet
    How do I find out if the license survived?

janbooth

If it survives I should imagine it would be held at Northants Record Office. You could try an e-mail to them asking if they hold Marriage Licences for that time and if so whether they have yours and how much it would cost to obtain a copy or the info contained therein.

Janet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123