Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi Lucrecia
    Just to confirm that I ordered 2 marriage certificates for Lily Florence Benjamin 1928 and Lily F Garner-Howard 1935

I will let you know when they arrive. They are by post so will take time to arrive.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

You read My mind!!! So great that You did that, thank You in advance for the info that shall be very helpful.

Default LILY FLORENCE BENJAMIN MARRIAGES

The following data is taken from the 2 GRO MARRIAGE RECORDS I hold on LILY FLORENCE BENJAMIN aka Lily Florence GREEN nee GARNER-HOWARD nee BENJAMIN

The Registrars Office Hereford
    5 May 1928
    By licence
    FREDERICK BERTIE GARNER-HOWARD 44 years Bachelor Manufacturer of Day Signs 151 Southampton Street Camberwell
    father EDWARD GARNER-HOWARD (deceased) Architect

LILY FLORENCE BENJAMIN 28 years Spinster Stenographer Fairview G?..Road Knebworth-father ALFRED BENJAMIN ( deceased)Philatelist

Witnesses
    FLORENCE C JACOBS
    CONSTANCE LEWIS
    RICHARD L LEWIS
    ERNEST SMITH

The Registrar Office Rochford County of Essex and Southend on Sea
    14 September 1935
    EDWARD LAPWOOD GREEN 45 Formerly the husband of ELAINE LAPWOOD GREEN formerly ? a divorcee, Barrister at Law
    128 Brainswick Road? South end on Sea -father Edward Defries ? (deceased) Accountant

LILY FLORENCE GARNER-HOWARD 35 widow no occupation 32 Lovelace Avenue? South end on Sea-father Alfred Benjamin (deceased) Philatelist
    Witnesses
    In? E TAYLOR
    DORIS? M? H..WELL?

Nb The Registrar's handwriting is not easy to read on this GRO Record

I will post further on the marriages and subsequent death of Lily if I can locate records.

Lucrecia- If you read this message I sent you a private e mail to the address you posted but received no reply.

Here is an initial follow up to the GRO Marriage Records #23.
    GRO DEATH INDEX RECORD
    LILY FLORENCE GREEN March qtr 1939 age 39 London City 1c 38

There appears to be a child from the marriage between Lily and Edward Lapwood Green.

An Ancestry.Co family tree has:
    The parents of Edward Lapwood Green 1889-1971 as Edward Dupree Green; Emma Jane Robinson.
    Edward Lapwood Green had 3 Marriages- ELSIE ROSE ARTHUR b 1896; LILY FLORENCE BENJAMIN 1899-1939; CHARLOTTE MARY CONSTANCE WINIFRED MANNING 1897-1960

The data needs checking for the marriages of Elsie Arthur and Charlotte Manning.

This is the Probate Index Record for LILY FLORENCE GREEN nee GARNER-HOWARD nee BENJAMIN
    LILY FLORENCE GREEN
    128 Brunswick Road,Southend on Sea Essex ( wife of EDWARD LAPWOOD GREEN) died 31 March 1939. Probate Barclays Bank Limited Effects £917. 0s 7d

Edward Lapwood Green GRO Death Index b 9 October 1889 Death April qtr 1971 Harrow 5b 2130
    GRO Birth Index Oct qtr 1889 Woolwich 1d 1227
    Burial 28 May 1971

He appears in the 1911 Census 29 12 2741 (Copyright TNA) at 17 Manor Park, Lee,SE with his parents and siblings. He was a 2nd class clerk Civil service b Plumstead. His father was an accountant at Morden College.

1939 Register (Copyright TNA)
    128 Brunswick Road, South end on sea, Essex
    EDWARD L GREEN b 9 October 1889 Widower Civil servant Barrister at law
    Bryan Mac D Green b 29 0ctober 1923 single junior clerk to be articled to a chartered accountant
    1 house keeper; 1 record officially closed- this maybe the child of Lily/Edward

This is the 1921 Census record for Alfred Benjamin,Sara Almah Benjamin,Lily Florence Benjamin,Rawner Florence Jacobs:
    (Copyright TNA)

45 Northolme Road Islington N
    Alfred BENJAMIN H age 58 years 10 months Married b London Foreign Stamp Dealer 1 Cullun Street EC3
    Sarah Almah Benjamin wife age 56 years 10 months b St Thomas West Indies Naturalised British
    Lily Florence Benjamin daughter age 21 years 8 months Single b London Clerk American Consul Cavendish Square
    Rawner Florence JACOBS sister in law age 58 years 3 months Single Independent b St.Thomas D West Indies
    Signed A.Benjamin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123