jenn2427

Post Possible Birth lookup in Ellon, ABD please?

Hello,

I'm back and wondering if their is anyone whom can help me by looking up a birth of a Christina G. GALL born about 1839-1842 possibly in Ellon, Aberdeenshire. I believe this to b e my 2nd Great Grandmother.

Brick wall demolition expert!

You will need to access the Scotland People's web site to look for her birth:

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Census records can be accessed through other sites.

In the 1841 census I think that she was living at Mill of Kinmuck, Ellon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, with her parents and siblings. Just search on Christina Gall born 1840 +/-2 years, and include variations of her first name. Restrict abode to Aberdeenshire. Both Ancestry and FMP transcribe her name as Christan, which they also say was her mother's name and her father was William.

Brick wall demolition expert!

1851 Census reference: Parish: Cruden; ED: 4; Page: 9; Line: 11; Roll: CSSCT1851_43;

1861 Census reference: Parish: Crossmichael; ED: 1; Page: 20; Line: 1; Roll: CSSCT1861_146
    I haven’t found her after this date
    Parents: Parish: Cruden; ED: 4; Page: 12; Line: 2; Roll: CSSCT1861_27

1871 Census reference: Parents: Parish: Cruden; ED: 4; Page: 7; Line: 5; Roll: CSSCT1871_37

1881 Census reference: Parents: Parish: Cruden; ED: 4; Page: 6; Line: 24; Roll: cssct1881_57

1891 Census reference: Parents: Parish: Cruden; ED: 4; Page: 13; Line: 12; Roll: CSSCT1891_60

1901 Census reference: Mother: Parish: Cruden; ED: 1; Page: 8; Line: 7; Roll: CSSCT1901_63

Famous for offering help & advice

To avoid duplication of effort. This name is ringing bells with me from maybe a couple or so years ago - I think there may be more than one previous thread here concerning Christina Gall.

Indeed.
    There's a lot of help on these people HERE, so I am going to close this thread here, please make any additions on the older thread. People get frustrated if they spend time helping someone and then find that their work has been duplicated elsewhere.

Jenn, if you want to do a free search on a record from Parish registers, I suggest that you go to FamilySearch. It's only an index, so at some point you are going to have to use your own Scotlands People account (I note that in your 2013 messages you say that you have one). As I suggested a year ago, call them for an alternative payment method if using a credit card is inconvenent. There's a limit to the number of their own SP credits people are willing to give up.