Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

hi again ,i have now seen the birth cert for her oldest daughter and she has her name down as catherine cunningham ,father stephen pilcher coastguard ,ballycotton ,it says on the 1901 census that their daughter margaret clara was born there ,so again more reason to believe that catherine was born in ballymacoda ,her eldest son was born in knockadoon ,they are all within a couple of miles from each other
    i would say that the 1901 census was written out by catherine,i know she was well educated and its more like a woman to be more specific about names places and dates ,especially about her children
    i ve also seen her son ernest s birth info and on that shes down as kate ,so i think the change must have been in adulthood
    also on roots ireland the parents of the 2 drowned boys are martin cunningham and margaret kenefick ,well one of the sponsors on margaret clara s bapt cert is called elizabeth kenefick ,i ve been told that sponsors are usually family ,so thats another link with catherine cunningham born 1876 ballymacoda father martin cunningham ,mother margaret kenefick

thanks again cathie

Starting to feel at home

hi anyone ,im still looking ,but nothing new to report

Starting to feel at home

hi again ,and btw kate is down as catherine on her first 3/4 childrens birth cert ,i think she shortened her name to kate about 1904/5

Hello again

Like you I still can't find anything definite on Catherine/Kate.
    Do you think the father of the two boys who drowned could be Kate's brother? If so then it may be worth your while seeing if you can find out anything more about him which will lead you to Kate's parents.
    I did take a look at the Irish newspapers I have access to but couldn't see anything about the drownings. A more detailed search is needed.

It is good to have confirmation of her name as Catherine, it removes one of the variables.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

hi ,no martin cunningham was born in 1819 in monagoul ,he married margaret kenefick on 31 /1 /1856 at ladysbridge ,ballymacoda ,they had 10 children all christened there margaret 1857 ,michael 1858,hannah (nora) 1860 ,she s in the same grave as her 2 drowned brothers ,mary 1862,james 1863(mother margaret cunningham was living with him in 1901 census) ,ellen 1865 ,patrick 1867.john 1869 (drowned 1887) ,william 1870 (drowned 1887) ,and catherine 1876 (who i believe to be my great nan)
    theres a family of keneficks living in ballycotton in 1901 ,1911 census s ,my great aunt clara was born there and one of her sponsors was an elizabeth kenefick ,theres 2 eliza s in the ballycotton kenefick family ,the daughter is down as elizabeth on the 1911 census ,so could they be part of my pilcher/cunningham family ??

also i believe patrick cunningham and margaret brien to be martin cunninghams parents
    thanks for now...........cathie x
    Last edited by cathieee; 14-01-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: wrong name

Starting to feel at home

there is also a k kenefick in ballycotton who is a dressmaker ,my mum told me that her nan catherine cunningham was a brilliant dressmaker ,she could make tailored suits without any pattern ,so could this k kenefick be her aunt or grandmother and taught her how to do it ??

Starting to feel at home

just to let you know i ve found the record for kate cunningham ,stephen pilcher marriage ,they married in 1897 recorded at youghal ,i found it on irishgenealog.ie x

Starting to feel at home

hi ,soooooooooo happy right now ,i have a copy now of marriage cert ,they married in knockadoon ballymacoda on 27 th april 1897, and her fathers name is MARTIN CUNNINGHAM and a farmer ,one of the witnesses is patrick cunningham ,who could either be her older brother or her grandfather ,so i finally have closure ,my catherine/kate is part of martin cunningham / margaret kenefick family ,youngest of 10 children ,and the 2 drowned boys are her older brothers ,after nearly 2 long years i have peace of mind

Hello
    Fantastic news cathieee
    Now you can start looking for Catherine's marriage certificate.
    Irish RC parish registers are now online free of charge
    https://registers.nli.ie/
    however they are microfilm copies of each parish and are not indexed so you can only search page by page for each parish. Which would be a very long, eye boggling job if you don't know which parish they were born in. Also a lot of the copies are very faded and near impossible to read and sometimes the handwriting is atrocious also, then add to this the fact that some records are in Latin and some records were never forwarded to the National Library!
    The site below can be used to check what records exist for each RC parish and will tell you whether NLI have the records.

https://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/b...unties/rcmaps/

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

christina ,it s her marriage cert i ve just found lol
    married stephen pilcher 27/4/1897 at ballymacoda chapel ,her father martin cunningham -farmer ,from monagoul ballymacoda ,i visited it last week ,the house is still there and family still live in it ,i ve got their email ,but being country folk i dont think they use the internet much ,i went i for a cup of tea and had a good long chat ,i ve emailed them but not heard back yet ,hope i do x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast