thatmatt

Default FREE Great War novel - The Officer's Whistle

I have recently written a short novel about the Great War, set during WW1 and the present day. Author Andrew Norriss described it as as 'having some lovely humour and at the end, very moving' and I have made it free as my small contribution to the sacrifice made by both sides all those years ago. Each chapter alternates between events in the present day and during WW1.

Short synopsis: Simon is 12 years old at prep school and after falling out with his best friend, seeks solace in the History lessons, where they are learning about WW1. Talking to his father, they unearth an old trunk from the attic that contains memorabilia including an old whistle...what story does it hold?

The alternate chapters trace the story of Tom Beal, who signs up to fight in WW1, along with his best friends from school. But the trenches prove unforgiving as young dreams and lives are shattered, culminating in the Battle of the Somme.

I would love any reviews or feedback on the story. Please find it on iBooks here and Smashwords here. If you find it difficult to obtain anything for free in this day and age, it is on Amazon here at around 99p, as they wouldn't let me make it free! But please get the free version with a clear conscience.

Kind regards,

Matt Howorth

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Welcome to British-Genealogy Matt.

Not being very techie I'm going to have to wait a while until I can get someone to download the Kindle App for me before I can read your book.
    Or should I say 'books'? (Though I'm not too sure about the 'slippery entrails' mentioned in the review of 'Land beyond the sea'. )

Pam

thatmatt

Thanks, Pam. The other one isn't very gory, honestly! Blink and you'll miss it!

Hope you enjoy reading any of them.

Knowledgeable and helpful

If you go to the link for Smashwords that Matt has provided you can download a PDF file for those of us that haven't a Kindle or like me prefer a hard copy..............have downloaded Matt will read later..........thanks sandie