Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Bruyn help needed

I just discovered that my Bruyn line is a long Established French Family. Daniel Bruyn born Roscommon Ireland has his parents listed as Edward and Margaret. So I am thinking I need to look in France for Edward and Margaret prior to the birth of their son Daniel abt 1812.

Your help to find this family is greatly appreciated Daniel Joseph Bruyn and his wife Sarah Helen Nicholls were in France during the turbulent years of the revolution. His son Daniel Justin Bruyn was born 26 May 1847 at Graville, Le Havre, Seine, France if that helps

I have merged these two threads as we don't allow more than one thread about the same search. People get frustrated if they spend time helping on thread 2, only to find that the info has been given on thread 1.

Ok but the2nd thread was looking for his parent Edward and Margaret as I have just found out that the Bruyn's were a long established French Family so they both could have been born in France and possibly even married there.

Kind Regards,

Wayne.

That was why I merged rather than simply deleting or closing the newer one. These threads tend to generate info about the whole family....

BTW Bruyn is a common name in Belgium and the Netherlands, where it has an alternative spelling of Bruijn.

Thanks. I suspect my one is Bruin as I have seen it that way too in England. Mine is definately France. My family after being in England moved to Graville, Le Havre, Seine, France* so gather they had other family there too. So this area is a good starting point.

Mrs Ben Cook mentioned in the article is my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Bruyn, Mrs Monaghan is Margaret Bruyn and Mrs Landers is Sarah Malvina Bruyn

Daniel Bruyn was a Blacksmith so if he followed his families profession, then looking for Blacksmiths in France with the same/similar surname could help me find my family connection.

Does anyone know if there are any records to show if there were any Bruin/Bruyn's (and any other alternative spellings) in the Graville, Le Havre, Seine, France, area back in the late 1700's early 1800s that were also Blacksmiths?

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    I am still trying to find a marriage- without any luck - so I am obviously not doing something right, unless they never married. We have names for both sets of parents for Sarah nee Nicholls and Daniel Bruyn but nothing definite to join them up.

Christina
    Daniel and Sarah were married at St Michaels in West Bromwich.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123