Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default John William Bradley born 1871 Worcestershire

Hope someone can help sort this family out for me - 1911 UK census Maisemore, Gloucestershire. John W Bradley age 40yrs born Worcester, St Peters, occup Toll Collector wife is Margaret 32 born Chelteham, Gloucestershire (maiden name Mason). She records they have been married 7yrs and she has had 3 children born and all are alive ( Irene, John & Kenneth). A marriage found 2nd qt 1903 Gloucester, which fits with the above. Trouble is there are another 2 children on the 1911 census. Precival Bradley age 17 born Worcester, St Peters abt 1894 and Norman Bradley age 9yrs born Maisemore abt 1902. On the 1901 census I have John W Bradley age 30 born Worcester, occup Toll Collector, living in Maisemore with wife Mary Louisa age 29 born Cheltheham, Gloucester. There is Percival James Bradley age 7 recorded as son. I found a death for Mary Louisa Bradley age 30, Gloucester Jan Feb Mar 1902. So Im wondering if Norman showing on the 1911 census is her son, ???, but who does Percival belong to. I cant find a marriage for Mary Louisa and John William, or births for Percival & Norman, (unless this is Norman Lionel Bradley Oct Nov Dec 1901 Gloucester) and mother dies just after birth). Help, I originally thought that Margaret and Mary Louisa were sisters ???, but now Im really confused and need help

Births December 1/4 1893
    Percival James Bradley
    Worcester vol 6c page 264

The birth reg for Norman Lionel Dec 1/4 certainly looks like yours as Maisemore is in the Worcester registration district. Mary could well have died as a result of complications from child birth.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks Christanel, I was looking at that birth, Just need confirmation, as it looks like a few certs are required with this lot. Have you found a marriage for John & Mary Louisa. I though I had as I found this Mary Louisa Mason Jul Aug Sept 1902 Cheltenham Gloucester, but doesn't fit with her death

Looks like you are right and Mary and Margaret could be sisters
    On same page FreeBMD
    Marriages September 1/4 1892
    John William Bradley
    Mary Louisa Mason
    Cheltenham vol 6a page 779
    William Burroughs

I had found that marriage, but written down the wrong date. So Percival & Norman are Mary Louisas children, she had a big gap between children

Hi
    Mary could have lost some children between Percival and Norman but another possibility is that Mary Louise could be John William's second wife not his first! What was that you were saying about the need for lots of certificates.
    No forget that dates don't add up.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Thanks. Im now looking for a marriage for John William Bradley's parents. Father John Bradley born Stourport, Worcestershire 1839, mother Maria born abt 1846 Worcestershire. On the 1871 census they are in St Peter Worcester. John age 32, Maria 25, children Edward John, 4, Kezia Jane 2 and John William 3mths. So Im guessing they married around 1866/5 ish ??

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi

There is a marriage of a John Bradley Dec 1864, Droitwich, 6c, 621. Potential partner: Maria Sanders.

Sue

LouiseTAS

Default John William Bradley's grand daughter

Hi JulesNZ,

I am John William Bradley's grand daughter. He married Mary Louisa Mason first and they had two children Percy and Norman who was known to the family as Bob. Not long after Norman's birth my grand father came home to the lock house at Llanthony and found Louisa dead over the baby's cot. It was thought she had died of a blood clot. Her sister Margaret Mason, who was much younger came to look after the children and she and my grandfather fell in love and married. This was a bit awkward as the Church of England did not allow a man to marry his dead wife's sister.Louisa and Margaret and possibly their mother were dressmakers to the Ladies of the Raj who were going out to India and I think my grandmother Margaret found it all a bit of a change Margaret and John went on to have John [Jack], Irene Kathleen Kenneth Stuart[my father] and another baby Cecil who was very small and died shortly after birth.

Hi Louise, its great to hear from you. I been helping a friend research his family tree. I have Kenneth Stuart Bradley married Florence Peggy Taylor. Their daughter Judith Ann Bradley married Owen Glyn Jones. We have been unable to trace Florence Peggy Taylor's line. I have her father as Charles Edwin Taylor, occupation, Traveller, that was on her marriage cert. Unable to find a marriage for Judith & Owen. Owen was born in South Africa, Judith was born in Worcestershire, they must have gone to South Africa at sometime, as Kevin was born there. Father Owen died in Australia. Regards Julie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast