Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Steve
    For clarity the Isaacs v Garcia court case started from at least 1849 -Isaacs v Isaacs 1849/I J21 and through to 1852. C14/1147/I /J33 case is dated 1850. Have you got copies of all the bills from 1849?
    Ann Isaacs probate is 1853 as we know.

Did you post any data on the case? I can't see it from your forum posts but may have missed it.

As a help could you remind me what the court issues were.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Steve
    For clarity the Isaacs v Garcia court case started from at least 1849 -Isaacs v Isaacs 1849/I J21 and through to 1852. C14/1147/I /J33 case is dated 1850. Have you got copies of all the bills from 1849?
    Ann Isaacs probate is 1853 as we know.

Did you post any data on the case? I can't see it from your forum posts but may have missed it.

As a help could you remind me what the court issues were.
    Phillip

The cause was brought by Samuel Isaacs against his brothers in law, Israel Levy Isaacs and Abraham Garcia basically for mal-administration of Ann Levy senior's estate, while, he maintained, she was "imbecile", and seeking an injunction to prevent them further administering the estate.

Of the other two causes, 1850 I/J46 ( reference C 14/1148/I/J46) and 1849 I/J21 (reference C 14/1011/I/J21), I did manage to get images of some of the former,but never got back to the NA to complete the job. I have not seen the latter.

Steve
    Many thanks for the overview. I noted that in his will NA 987 1842 Synagogue Scribes John Isaacs ( the brother of Elizabeth Jacobs who married Ephraim Jacobs)had Samuel Isaacs 20 Claremont Terrace Pentonville as his executor.
    These Jacobs are watch makers/dealers and don't appear to relate to my Jacobs aka Letson aka Lietzen lines.

What are your current thoughts on the relationships?

Steve
    My apologies-the Synagogue Scribes will extract NA 987 should read John Jacobs and not John Isaacs.

Synagogue Scribes have NA 1041 Will extract for Ann Isaacs 1853 but the will does not seem to be on Ancestry.Co. Have I missed this?

Starting to feel at home

Steve
    Many thanks for the overview. I noted that in his will NA 987 1842 Synagogue Scribes John Isaacs ( the brother of Elizabeth Jacobs who married Ephraim Jacobs)had Samuel Isaacs 20 Claremont Terrace Pentonville as his executor.
    These Jacobs are watch makers/dealers and don't appear to relate to my Jacobs aka Letson aka Lietzen lines.

What are your current thoughts on the relationships?
    Phillip
    I have had a look at the will of John Jacobs. As you say, Samuel Isaacs was the executor; probate date was not all that long before Samuel's own death. Whether a coincidence or not, Samuel's will includes a bequest to his sister Sarah, the wife of John Jacobs of Pentonville. Samuel made his will in February 1831. John Jacobs made his will in January 1841, so if it is the same John Jacobs, perhaps his wife died between 1831 and 1841, and John moved from Pentonville to Bevis Marks. I am thinking aloud on paper now! I will see what I can find out.

In terms of relationships, Samuel Isaacs would not have been my direct ancestor, as he was Isaac Levy Isaac's (my ancestor) step father. However, it's all contectual information.

One relationship that I am following up is a DNA match with someone who may be named in the Jacobstree web site. I noticed that a David Simpson had posted his DNA results on the site, having tested with Ancestry in December 2018. I searched Ancestry members and found a David Simpson that had created an Ancestry account in January 2019. We share 9 cM across 1 segment, a small amount I know, and it isn't conclusive of anything, but I have messaged him and am awaiting a reply. If it is the same David Simpson, then he seems to be a descendant of Moses Jacobs and Sarah Levy. The DNA match might therefore point to a relationship through Sarah's father, Simon Levy. My intention now is to map out the descendants of Simon Levy through his three daughters to see if I can pick up any more DNA matches.

Steve
    If you look on the Big Tree of the Jacobstree you will see how the 'original Jacobs' cousins relate including me. I think Dave did post on his DNA and Gerry Newnham one of the the Jacobs has done the same.
    My Jacobs and Jewish lines are via my paternal line.
    The 'original'Jacobs have met each other on an couple of occasions in London. Carol Freeman's line is via Daniel Levy and Amelia Jacobs and you can check the Big Tree for our other Levy relationships. See also our research and jottings.
    I have researched Daniel Levy and Mark Capua plus some of the other Jacobs and posted on them. Daniel Levy is related to the 'Turnpike Levy'.

Steve
    See BG Forum Jewish Roots threads-Daniel Levy 1797-1861-Amelia Jacobs 1803-1880 started 8.4.2016;Ernest Abraham Levy-Isabella Levy started 10.4.2016;The Turnpike Levy-Family Trees started 22.4.2009;Levy/Lewis and Bill Discounting Swindle started 11.10.2013
    These are all my posts and you can use them to cross reference to the Levy/Isaacs et al

I visited the Society of Genealogists in London several times some 10-12 years ago and made copies of the Jacobs/Levy and related lines family. These I shared with Dave Simpson and the other Jacobs. Dave and I then met and did other research in London and you can see our research paper on the website.

Starting to feel at home

Steve
    See BG Forum Jewish Roots threads-Daniel Levy 1797-1861-Amelia Jacobs 1803-1880 started 8.4.2016;Ernest Abraham Levy-Isabella Levy started 10.4.2016;The Turnpike Levy-Family Trees started 22.4.2009;Levy/Lewis and Bill Discounting Swindle started 11.10.2013
    These are all my posts and you can use them to cross reference to the Levy/Isaacs et al

I visited the Society of Genealogists in London several times some 10-12 years ago and made copies of the Jacobs/Levy and related lines family. These I shared with Dave Simpson and the other Jacobs. Dave and I then met and did other research in London and you can see our research paper on the website.
    Phillip
    Thank you for that information. I will have a good look at the suggested posts.

Steve
    I have sent you a private e mail by way of a brief introduction.

Steve
    When the Society of Genealogists London re-opens I would recommend you visit and look at the family trees in the Anglo Jewish collections of Hyamson and Collyer Fergusson. There are Isaacs and Levy trees in the collection but no confirmation that your lines are recorded until you do the research. Similarly, I would look at the Isaacs and Levy family trees at the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain library- see the online library family tree index and my 'sticky post'.

I will post further.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast