Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Stuart
    Is this Joel Harris your relative? From The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger, 2004 Publisher Robert Boyd- DEATH- JOEL HARRIS- Death 25.3.1875 at 31 Hackney Road after a short illness, in his 38th year. Nb In the message of thanks for condolences from Mrs Joel Harris and Mr M H HARRIS they are referred to as Joel Harris wife and brother but the address is 361 Hackney Road.

If you have any data on the Harris and Isaacs with full names and any date of birth; marriage and death there maybe records in the two Berger volumes of 1861-70; 71-80. See also the Anglo Jewish Miscellanies online by Jeffery Maynard which contain similar records but some pre date 1861 and are also post 1880.
    Phillip
    Stuart what is your connection to the Harris family?

Hello Ron and many apologies not the late response.

My Mother's family was Harris through her Father Samuel and his father Joel, Grand Father Benjamin and Grt-Grandfather Nathan. Nathan and Benjamin travelled to the UK from Holland probably first quarter of the 1800s but have yet to establish if they were Dutch. The Harris family also have links to an Issacs Family of Great Yarmouth through Benjamin's second wife.

Please do let me know if our research overlaps and if you require any more info.
    Regards
    Stuart

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart R View Post
    Hello Ron and many apologies not the late response.

My Mother's family was Harris through her Father Samuel and his father Joel, Grand Father Benjamin and Grt-Grandfather Nathan. Nathan and Benjamin travelled to the UK from Holland probably first quarter of the 1800s but have yet to establish if they were Dutch. The Harris family also have links to an Issacs Family of Great Yarmouth through Benjamin's second wife.

Please do let me know if our research overlaps and if you require any more info.
    Regards
    Stuart
    Hello Stuart
    My father was Joel Harris who I did not know that well as the last time I saw him was at Dalston Junction Railway station just prior to war being declared. My parents divorced. I have been in touch with another member of the family, Gerry Harris is his name we shared fathers

Do you have another email or phone . I look forward to hearing from you

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456