Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: French Polish!

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by lizziebeth
    Mary (daughter) had a brother who went to the USA, ... only real clue i have is an original letter written, i believe in 1875 ... saying that "He had bought a lot of houses .."
    Something adrift here. Mary's parents married ?1871, she was born 1873, no way her brother was buying houses in 1875. Is the date wrong - or someone slipped a generation?

lizziebeth

Red face

Ah, Mary, what would i do without you!! You are quite right, and the dates do not connect. Have had another look at the letter, and considering how old it is, it is in quite a readable condition, and i am pretty certain that the date is 1875. I suppose it is quite possible that it could actually be addressed to Mrs Bogue, as in John Bogues mother, it is conceivable that he had a sister Mary too, and i was just putting two and two together....

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by lizziebeth
    Have had another look at the letter, and considering how old it is, it is in quite a readable condition, and i am pretty certain that the date is 1875. I suppose it is quite possible that it could actually be addressed to Mrs Bogue, as in John Bogues mother
    Hmm ... interesting ... Assuming the letter came down via John Bogue / Mary etc... If not addressed to Helen Boag, how did it come into their hands? Have you traced John Bogue's mother? Was she in Ireland, or came over to Scotland to join the family?
    Questions, questions ... we've come a long way from french polishers.

Teressa

Smile Hello new cousin!

Boy do I ever hope you still come to this forum.
    My Great Grandma was Eleanor Donaldson and she married Walter Stuart Keith White.

They had 2 children, Mary Sybil White, and Doris Keith White.

I have a bit more history, but I would really love to know you are still here as well...

Effie is burried in the USA
    Eleanor, Gertrude, Molly and Louise are burried in Ontario Canada.

If the info I have is correct, Your Grandfather married Betsy Jane Askew and they had 4 Sons

Robert matthew married joyce anstis
    John married joyce Dipson
    William Bruce married Mavis Swift
    Donald Alexander married Patricia King

Please write so I know you are still here. I'd really love to talk to you about our family.

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by lizziebeth View Post
    Robert and Mary (Boag) married in 1893 in Old Kilpatrick. Would you (if you have not already) be able to have a look on the 1891 census to see if that sheds any light on it?
    How are you progressing with your search? You were correct, by 1891 the Donaldsons had moved to Old Kilpatrick - but I can't find Mary Boag/Bogue/Bayne or her parents!!
    The A******y index shows.
    6 Kilbowie Road, Old Kilpatrick, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire.
    John DONALDSON head, blacksmith 45 St Andrews, Fifeshire
    Euphemia DONALDSON wife 50 St Andrews
    Mary DONALDSON daur. machinist 19 Granton, Edinburghshire
    Robert DONALDSON son apprentice brassfinisher 17 Granton
    Alexander DONALDSON son apprentice iron turner 17 Granton

lizziebeth

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Young View Post
    How are you progressing with your search? You were correct, by 1891 the Donaldsons had moved to Old Kilpatrick - but I can't find Mary Boag/Bogue/Bayne or her parents!!
    The A******y index shows.
    6 Kilbowie Road, Old Kilpatrick, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire.
    John DONALDSON head, blacksmith 45 St Andrews, Fifeshire
    Euphemia DONALDSON wife 50 St Andrews
    Mary DONALDSON daur. machinist 19 Granton, Edinburghshire
    Robert DONALDSON son apprentice brassfinisher 17 Granton
    Alexander DONALDSON son apprentice iron turner 17 Granton
    Hello Mary,
    Many thanks for the information, it fills in a few gaps, progress on the Boag/Bogue/Bayne is not going far, Mary's parents must have moved to Scotland from Ireland between 1871 when they married in Belfast, and 1873 when Mary was born, but thats about all I have.

Teressa

Robert Donaldson, born Scotland
    Burried St Johns Norway Cemetary Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Married Mary Boag Born Ireland.
    Died 1951 Burried St Johns Norway Cemetary Toronto, Ontario, Canada

they had 6 children :

1) 1. Effie scotland Married John Brander or Brandon
    1 daughter named Jean who married Calvin Larsond

Burried Bridgeport cemetary USA

2) John Alexander Donaldson Born Scotland married Betsy Jane Askew died 1961 in England
    They had 4 SONS -
    Robert matthew married Joyce Anstis
    John married Joyce Dixson
    William Bruce married Mavis Swift
    Donald Alexander married Patricia King

3) Eleanor Born in Scotland married Walter Stuart Keith White
    Walter died 1965 Ella died 1971 both buried at St John Norway Cemetary Toronto, Ontario, Canada

They had 2 children :

A) Mary Sybil White who married John Frederick Mines
    They had 9 children:

Jerry married Marilyn and had 6 kids ( I think only 6) named Charlena, Stewart, Susie, Cindy, Lori, Sherra
    Terry Eleanor had 1 child named Frederick Erwin Mines then Married Clifford Steven Bignell and had 2 kids names
    Clifford Leslie Bignell and Teressa Jean Marie Bignell
    Merry Married Brian Sprague had 4 kids Jerry, Gerry, Carla, Brian
    Perry married Bonnie had 2 kids Heather and Daniel
    Clary (known as Fatso) had 4 kids Mary, Ellie, John & ?
    Kerry (Known as Joe) has 1 daughter that I know of
    Larry Married Diane had 1 daughter named Heather
    Harry - single
    Gerry Married Darlene, had 4 kids Mikey, Lory, Stephanie, Kayla then divorced and Married Karen Surkos and had
    2 kids Deeanna & Daniel.

B) Doris Keith White Married Douglas Robert Pamplin
    They had 2 kids:
    Robert Keith married Marilyn Parission
    Karen Janet married Constantino (Dino) Pikilaf

4) Mary (Molly) married Robert Carle
    Robert died 1965 buried in Tillsonburg Ontario , Canada
    3 kids :
    Jean married Lionel
    George Married Kay
    Martha married Keith Richardson

5) Gert born in Scotland Married Frederick Syme
    They had 1 kid named Robert married Noella
    Gert cremated and buried in parents plot in St Johns Norway Cemetary Toronto, Ontario, Canada

6) Louise born Scotland married Jack Wilson 1899 Lou died in Tilsonburg Ontario, Canada.

They had 1 child Donald who married Jane

This is some of the information my mom (Terry Eleanor Mines) and I have been able to piece together. I have a picture of I believe Mary Donaldson (nee Boag), Ella White (nee Donaldson), Mary Sybil Mines (nee White), Terry (my mother) & Jerry Mines (my Uncle) taken in Toronto in 1950. I have a few others as well and my Mom is going to look for more. Will scan the few pics I do have and put them in within the next couple of days.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I am wondering if you are still here. This is going back several years and I have no idea if you had even read the info I posted about our family.

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by Teressa74 View Post
    I am wondering if you are still here. This is going back several years and I have no idea if you had even read the info I posted about our family.
    Teressa, I contributed to that thread, but merely trying to help Lizziebeth, who started the thread. I hope you are able to make contact. Best wishes for your search.

Thank you Mary for responding to Teressa's post.
    Teressa, Lizziebeth was on the forums in the middle of last year. If she is still using the email address as when she posted then she should receive notification of your posts.
    You can also try contacting her by private message (pm). To do this click on her user avatar and from the drop down menu click on Private message. This also depends on her still having the same email address as when she joined up.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast