teecee3467

Default I can do Lookups on Emigrants

I have obtained a few books that may help someone else. I have The Complete book of Emigrants 1607-1660 and The Complete book of Emigrants 1700-1750, all by Peter Wilson Coldham.
    On browsing, I see it includes Barbados and other islands, besides the American Colonies. if you have someone you would like me to look for, let me know.

Indigo_Child

Do your books cover emigrants from Australia? I just found an ancestor who married a William James Powell (marriage record but on 1911 census says James William Powell) who was born about 1864 in East Maitland, Australia. He married Sarah Jane Vanstone in Plymouth in 1898 so somewhere between 1864 and 1898 he came to Britain. Thanks!

teecee3467

sorry, It looks like everything is outbound from England. Going to mostly North America and Barbados

Mabel

I am looking for George Gard[i]ner who appeared in Newport RI in 1638 from points unknown. No age, parentage, etc. He was apparently an adult since he was accepted as a freeman of the colony. He may have been the son of Rev Michael Gardiner (or not) since his name is not unique.
    Katharine Gardner Cipolla