JanetRoss

Default Anderson family in Oban area of Scotland

I am looking for information on Catherine Hepburn Liddell, born 1890 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire. In 1901 she is still there. She married a James Anderson. And had at least one son , James. The son married Jean and lived at Cottack 1, Ferryfield rd, Connel, argyle, Scotland, PA 3715R. Our USA family lost connect with Jean when she became elderly. Her husband had already died. I would like to have contact with any descendants who still live in this area or any dates and info on this family. She, Catherine was my husband's mother's favorite aunt.
    Catherine Hepburn Liddell parents were John David Liddell and Mary Heddle Tinch

Hi again Janet. I have moved your thread to the Argyll forum, which is where Oban is. Please be aware that the forum does not allow the posting of details of living people on the open forum, so anyone with information on descendants should use the Private Message system.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

John David Liddell was born 19 Feb 1856 in Shapinsay, Orkney to John Liddell and Catherine Hepburn and Mary Heddle was born on 8 January 1856 in Shapinsay to William Heddle and Mary Gillen/Gillon, who married on 1 Feb 1843. Where did the Tinch come from?
    Sue Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Mary Heddle was born on 8 January 1856 in Shapinsay to William Heddle and Mary Gillen/Gillon, who married on 1 Feb 1843. Where did the Tinch come from?
    Aha! Answered my own question as I obviously had the wrong baptism. Mary Tinch was born in Shapinsay on 29 December 1856 to John Tinch and Mary Work, and then married David Liddell on 24 July 1879. Now I want to know where the Heddle came from!

There seem to be quite a few public trees on Ancestry for this family. Doesn't help with Oban though
    Sue Mackay