JanetRoss

Default HELLO from Williamsburg, VA USA

I am researching my husband's mother's family . Originally from Orkney Islands and immigrated to the Glasgow, lanarkshire. Surnames Liddell and Anderson. Catherine Hepburn Liddell married James Anderson and had a son, James who married jean and lived in the Oban area.
    Janet Ross
    Last edited by JanetRoss; 23-03-2014 at 2:33 PM. Reason: Error

Hallo Janet, and a very warm welcome to British Genealogy. WE have some very useful 'sticky' threads at the top of our Scottish forums which you might like to read. See Here. Have a good look round and then post as much detail as you can in the relevant forum - this one is just for introductions.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Janet

I am researching a Hepburn line that I have taken back to Lunenberg County VA about 1800. The first ancestor there I found was William Hepburn, who was a doctor later turn preacher. He had a son, Ebenezer McHarg Hepburn, who was taken in by the neighbor at Ravenscroft plantation. Just thought there might be some connection.

Thank you
    Carol Hepburn

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Carol,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Unfortunately Janet is no longer a member of the forum, as denoted by the word 'guest' beneath her username. We therefore have no way of alerting her to your post.

ADDED: Just re-read Janet's post, and although she doesn't mention any dates (I suspect at least 1900) she is talking about Scotland, so I think any connection there might be would be along the lines of seventh cousin fourteen times removed, i.e. quite distant.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Carol, unfortunately JanetRoss is no longer a member of BritGen - you can see that from the fact that it says "guest" under her name.
    The Hepburns are an enormous clan! Have you traced yours back to Scotland yet?