Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

And I've also had feedback of 'under review' to my suggestion that in the filters of 'census, land and surveys' that the first item in the list should be the 1841 census followed by 1851, 1861 etc, as those are the records most people want. Not stuff such as 'Freemen of Ipswich, Suffolk'.
    Though that is something that's easy to fix.

Pam

"Allow this website to share anonymised data with Google and Comscore to help us better understand usage patterns"
    Have others noticed the above, my box WAS ticked..........not anymore!

Go to: 'My Account' drop down box choose 'Personal Details' scroll down page.

Hi almach
    your message made me take a look at my account details, quick smart but, for whatever reason, the box didn't have a tick. Phew.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Christina, if you're still on 'old search' check again when you are switched over to new, I don't think I had the box ticked on 'old search' but not absolutely certain.

Thanks almach. I've now unticked my box.

Pam

raineshoe

FMP have still not responded to my points re the address search on the census. Looks like they are prepared these days to alienate and lose customers. What shame since I've been with them since they started.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I am not a Facebook user, although one of my younger rellies did persuade me to try it last year, so I do have an account. Having failed to find a way to contact them effectively, I noticed their Facebook button on their home page, so I went and had a look, and as we would all expect the page is littered with dozens and dozens of complaints.

However, one of them appears to have found a way to contact FMP and get 2 months free subscription; so as I thought that might be of interest to all the board's members, I have copied and pasted that post below (its responding to another posting asking why not everyone has the 2 months free:

Of course it should Keith. I got one at the beginning of the week. Email [email protected] and demand it. Alternatively, ring 020 3326 6300 and see if you can get through and get any joy. The precedent has been set, so in fairness every subscriber should get it.

I think I will give it a go, as well asking for compensation for the period I have been denied access!

Knowledgeable and helpful

I just checked my personal details found I was living in AUSTRALIA nice place I am sure but when I went to sleep I thought I was in ENGLAND!! also found box was ticked!!
    I have just been changed onto new site no warning of course and well must admit I prefer most of old one but some bits are okay.
    no full transcriptions bit unfair to people buying credits.......but the images are easier to see
    whatever as we all know, no matter how much we complain they just go ahead and do whatever. sure keeps the little grey cells spinning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    I am not a Facebook user, although one of my younger rellies did persuade me to try it last year, so I do have an account. Having failed to find a way to contact them effectively, I noticed their Facebook button on their home page, so I went and had a look, and as we would all expect the page is littered with dozens and dozens of complaints.

However, one of them appears to have found a way to contact FMP and get 2 months free subscription; so as I thought that might be of interest to all the board's members, I have copied and pasted that post below (its responding to another posting asking why not everyone has the 2 months free:

Of course it should Keith. I got one at the beginning of the week. Email [email protected] and demand it. Alternatively, ring 020 3326 6300 and see if you can get through and get any joy. The precedent has been set, so in fairness every subscriber should get it.

I think I will give it a go, as well asking for compensation for the period I have been denied access!
    That's basically the question I want Jon Bauckham, Staff Writer at WDYTYA magazine to ask FMP. (See Ken_R's post #48).
    This is the email I sent to Jon. (Though, as usual, on re-reading it, I know I could have phrased it a lot better! )

To FMP:
    Many people are commenting that they have contacted you about various problems and have had no response. Other people have said that they have managed to contact you, and in reply to their problem have received two months FOC extension to their subscription.

Depending on which records people are wanting to find not everyone is going to have the same problem immediately (and possibly not at all). However nearly everyone will want to search BMD and census records, both of which now require either extra typing or multiple scrolling instead of one simple click, and if those searchers are like me they are extremely annoyed (to put it mildly and politely). That problem alone makes a complete mockery of your CEO's 'personal note' of 29 March in which she says "The new findmypast site is designed to provide you with an improved service . . . . . . . . and a better user experience".
    And everyone who has searched have a list of 'my records'. In my case apparently 255 pages of them, mostly containing records which I had previously deleted because they were either 'no match' or because I had deemed them no longer necessary to be saved. I therefore have over 4050 records of which probably only a maximum of 500 are of any use to me. Though as I don't know where in those 255 pages those useful records appear the 'my records' feature is actually as much use as a chocolate teapot.

For these two issues alone (which affect 100% of your customers), don't you think you should offer all your customers a two months FOC extension to their subscription? It won't stop the complaints but at least we won't feel that we are being robbed whilst you try to address some of the problems caused by your 'improved service'.

I will see if Jon asks the question, and if not then I'm going to post it on FMP's feedback. Like a lot of people my association with FMP goes back to the days of 1837online(or whatever it was first called) and as they even offer me a loyalty discount on my annual sub I don't see why I should basically have to beg for something that they are currently offering to people who may have only been subscribers for a much shorter period. Surely basic common sense tells them that they desperately need some good PR and a two months FOC sub extension would be it.

Pam

Knowledgeable and helpful

I have asked this question on the improvements forum not sure if they will deem to answer.........watch this space!!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast