MacGregor

Default Will translation help for Will dated 1824

Hi,

I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me with translating one sentence of the above dated Will. I have transcribed the rest, but am really struggling to find the words that would make a little sense.
    'situate at Peckham Rye in the County of Surrey unto my said wife Mary Pearce and her assigns during the term of her natural life She my said wife during so course?? of the term to caule?? and unexpired?? at the time of my death in?? my said leasehold premises as she shall live paying the rent and performing the convenants reserved and contained in the lease'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    undefined

undefined

It's a little small to read. Perhaps you can either link to an external site (see this thread) or give us the name of the person who made the will so that those of us who have access to the original via Ancestry or The Genealogist can take a look.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

MacGregor

Hello Sue,

Yes, sorry I did think it was a little small. The Photo link didn't seem to work so the details for the original are:

Will of William Pearce died 1824 Swithins Lane, London. I do hope this will help. By the way, thank you for mentioning the Wills on Ancestry, I have ben paying the usual £3.50 to have them downloaded from the NA.

Many thanks for your help.

situate at Peckham Rye in the County of Surrey unto my said wife Mary Pearce and her assigns during the term of her natural life She my said wife during so long of the term to ?run? and unexpired at the time of my death in my said leasehold premises as she shall live paying the rent and performing the convenants reserved and contained in the lease

Not happy with 'run' but couldn't think what else went with lease!
    Sue Mackay

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I have pretty much the same but stuggling with that word /phrase, 'run'.

janbooth

"during so long of the term to come" - how about that? The first letter definitely looks like an old fashioned "c" to me and I have seen that phraseology, or something similar, in some of my ancestor's wills.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    "during so long of the term to come" - how about that? The first letter definitely looks like an old fashioned "c" to me and I have seen that phraseology, or something similar, in some of my ancestor's wills.

Janet
    I think you've cracked it!
    Sue Mackay

MacGregor

Wow! absolutely brilliant, many, many thanks Sue and janbooth. I've spent so long looking at words beginning coNsomething e, now I know what it is I can sleep tonight. It does become a bit obessional.

MacGregor

As said in reply to Sue absolutely brilliant. Thank you so, so much, now I will sleep tonight. I've spent so much time looking at words being with coNsomethinge, it gets a little obsessional.