Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burbage family

Billnick

Default Burbage family

Hello
    I'm new to all this but do know a little about my family.
    I'm told that my maternal grandfather was born in Cramlington around 1891, but can't find any details.
    His name was Frederick Kemp Burbage.
    If anyone can help in any way, I'd be grateful
    Thanks in anticipation

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a Frederick Kemp Burbage born 1891 on the 1891 census in Peterborough.

Susanna Burbage head widow 1845
    Children
    Martha Harriet
    Fanny Elizabeth
    and Frederick
    Grandson George Williaam Osler

RG12 piece 1229 folio 39 page 17

Think this birth reg is for the above in Cambridgeshire. Mistranscribed as Burback,although image saye Burbage.

Births from quarter Jan-Feb-Mar 1891
    Name:Frederick Kemp Burback
    District:Chesterton
    Ref:Volume 3B Page 255

This looks like a birth reg for the same chap,page and vol number match but reg distict difers although does fit better with the 1891 census area.

Name: Frederick Kemp Burbage
    Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1891
    Registration district: Peterborough
    Inferred County: Northamptonshire
    Volume: 3b
    Page: 255

Billnick

Thanks for this, Pamelawagster. I take it the people mentioned-Martha, Fanny & Frederick were Susanna's children? If Frederick is my grandfather, then at least now I have a name for my great-grandmother and names for siblings that I didn't know about.Perhaps now I'll look for him in Peterborough instead of Cramlington.

Yes they were Susannas children.
    If you have access to Ancestry there is quite a lot already on there about this family. If you are not signed up to Ancestry then I believe it can be accessed free a public libraries.

Billnick

HI Pamelawagster. Thank you so much for suggesting Ancestry. I have signed up and found out so much information! Within a few minutes I found details of my grandfather, great-grandmother and some great-aunts I knew nothing about! I've also found 2 more people researching my grandfather, so will make contact. Once again, many thanks.

Gcochrane

Hi, my nan is a burbage and Frederick kemp burbage is her dad (my great grandfather) he married Caroline Ameila Jane Thompson. He was born in 189, his sisters were fanny and Martha. Frederick and Caroline had several children, connie, Fred, Gladys, Margaret, stan and my nan Caroline. Hope this helps, if this is the correct one, I have more info.

Billnick

Hi. If I read this correctly, then you must be related to Roland & Diane. I'm Roland's cousin William and I'm guessing that you're Gemma?

Gcochrane

That's right. I have been doing my family history for a while, my family tree is on anstery.co.uk under the cochrane family tree. If you need any info just let me know. I have printed some info off and could send it you if you would like. Gemma

Billnick

Hi Gemma. I've had a look at your family tree, but most of it just says 'private'. My tree is also available on ancestry, under William Beach, so please have a look. I've got as far as identifying my grandfather's mother, but not his father & have identified my grandmother's parents & grandparents, together with all of her brothers & sisters. If you ask your dad for my email, then perhaps we can contact each other that way. Hope to hear from you soon. William

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast