Doreen,

At least you seem to have progressed somewhat since your first posting as your now have Thomas's baptism as 1795 at All Saints, Hereford and know from his marriage certificate that his father is William and a Yeoman. I can only find 2 possible marriages on the Herefordshire Marriage Index for a William HODGES to an Ann in Herefordshire at about the correct timescale. The first is to an Ann SCUDAMORE at St John, Hereford on 1 July 1789 with a note that both were widowed and the other to Anne BRIDGES on 12 March 1792 at All Saints, Hereford, by licence.

Looking at the Herefordshire FHS Burial Index, there are the following burials which may be relevant:

19 August 1815 at Hereford All Saints Thomas HODGES of Widemarsh Gate, aged 62
8 March 1818 at Hereford All Saints James HODGES of Above Eign, aged 6 weeks
14 September 1821 at Hereford All Saints Anne HODGES of Above Eign, aged 35
7 February 1822 at Hereford All Saints Richard HODGES of Above Eign, aged 64
9 January 1826 at Hereford All Saints Sarah HODGES of Pig Market, aged 61
19 February 1828 at Hereford All Saints Joseph HODGES of Above Eign, aged 24
16 July 1831 at Hereford St Owen Ann HODGES of St Owens Without, aged 81 - there is a burial on 22 Oct 1830 of an Edward HODGES of St Owens Without, aged 90, so perhaps these two are husband and wife
12 January 1832 at Hereford All Saints Joseph HODGES of Above Eigne, aged 22

And then there is the burial at Holme Lacey on 24 February 1821 of Wm HODGES of Hom Lacey, aged 77 which ties in with the newspaper death announcement in post 8 which also has an Above Eign connection. Whether any of these are relevant to you I have my doubts, as there is another burial at Holme Lacey for a Betty HODGES on 8 February 1827, aged 80, who would be of about the correct age to be the wife of the Wm HODGES above.

Sorry, not much help here I'm afraid. Do you have an actual baptismal record for Thomas HODGES as in the 1851 census of Cheltenham, he states that his date of birth is c1800?

Janet