Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jac65

Hi

According to Wikipedia the Horton Asylum was commandeered as a military Hospital during both world wars and existing patients were transferred eleswhere. Could he have been tranferred to Romford but still technically been a Horton patient. You might need to get the Romford death certificate to confirm it one way or another.

Andy

Valman

Hi Megan,

Yes, that could be another possibility l guess, l'll have to wait and see what the Romford certificate l ordered turns out to be.

Valman.

Valman

Hi Andy,

l had read that somewhere myself, but as the mention of his death was included in the Horton asylum registers l'd assumed he died there, but you're right on reading more into it the asylum was turned into a war hospital during the time of his death, so he could have been anywhere but still technically a Horton asylum patient and his death was recorded in their registers. l'll have to try find out more about where the patients were transferred l think.

Thanks very much you've given me another avenue to explore.

Valman

Valman

Hi,

l've not been able to find out about patients being transferred from Horton Asylum, but do have Williams death certificate now, which shows that he died in The London County Asylum Ilford in 1918, l'm not sure if that means Claybury or another asylum, has anyone any ideas if others were known by that name at all.

Thank you all or your help.

Valman

There's a thread here which says it was Claybury.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...-county-asylum

Valman

Thank you almach,

l hadn't seen that message, but does clear it up for me now.

Valman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12