Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jutsum Family

Hi Frederickay
    I have been trying to decide whether to give your post re the Jutsums a thread of its own as the last post on this thread was in Sept 2006 but for now I will leave it and see if any of the original posters reply. They should receive email notification of your post IF thy still use the same email addresses they had when they joined the forum. A case of wait and see.
    Of course there may be other Brit-Gen members who can help
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default From Adrian Jutsum

Dear Krys,

I hope you are still interested after all these years. My dad was Richard Bertram Jutsum born 1912 in Bristol. He had a sister, Dorothy, a sister Pearl (a couple short of a six pack) and a few more siblings but we are not a close family so i have forgotten.

my grand dad was Bertram Jutsum from South Molton and later moved to Bristol. He spent some time in Persia and Jamaica. He had a brother, Kingsland Jutsum who went on to be a very very big knob at Lloyds bank as my Lloyds manager told me years ago when i told where to stick the account.

I have two sisters, Ruth and Dawn one in Oxford and one in Guildford who recently passed away.

I lived in Jamaica for a few years and heard of a Peter Jutsum who ran some kennels.

I now live in Australia and whilst i am ,or was the only Jutsum here i am told an Arthur JUTsum moved to Australia in 1885. I was contacted some years ago by a John Fox in NSW whose great grandmother, Edith Coles emigrated to Australia to be with her sister Ellen Jutsum nee Coles and her family. Arthur was apparently her second husband. There is some connections there I think.

John Fox may still be around so if you want his address please let me know.

Hope that wasn't boring and old news and if you want any more my sister, Ruth has a fair bit of knowledge.

kind regards

Adrian JUTSUM

UOTE=KrysEmery;34993]Hi!

I am researching my Grandmother's (Joyce Jutsum) family which came from South Molton in Devon. Her father was Arthur Jutsum, son of Richard Jutsum and Mary Anne Yendell. Her mother was Ellen Coles, second wife of Arthur.

Any information on any Jutsums in the area would be appreciated.

Thanks

Krys[/QUOTE]
    my

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Dear KRYS
    forgot to mention there was a fairly prominent painter, Henry Jutsum, around the same time as Constable, who was well regarded with a a painting or two at the national gallery.

kind regards
    Adrian Jutsum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123