Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jutsum Family

Famous for offering help & advice. Trish's Avatar

A little more...

In Kelly's Directory of Devon & Cornwall, 1902:

-- Richard JUTSUM is still a relieving officer for the Workhouse, South Molton district and an attendance officer for the school but he's also listed as a "relieving & vaccination officer & registrar of births & deaths for Witberidge sub-district & collector to guardians & school attendance officers, South Molton union, 18 South street".

-- Frederick JUTSUM is living at Elm Bank cottage, South Molton.

-- Edwin JUTSUM is a farmer at Patcott, Tiverton

In Kelly's Directory of Devon & Cornwall, 1914:

-- Joseph JUTSUM is listed as a "farmer & surveyor, valuations for tenant right and probate undertaken, East Avercombe".

-- Henry JUTSUM is a grocer, 10 Newport street, Tiverton.

-- Edwin JUTSUM is still a farmer at Patcott, Tiverton

In Kelly's Directory of Devon, 1919:

-- Joseph is still listed as a farmer & surveyor as in 1914, Henry is still a grocer, same place and Edwin is still a farmer, same place.

-- George JUTSUM of East Avercombe is listed as correspondent for the public elementary schools in Bishopnympton.

Trish
    Last edited by Trish; 28-08-2005 at 12:08 PM.

KrysEmery

Talking

Thanks Trish!

That info sure helps flesh out my ancestors a little! That's the sort of info that I am looking for!

Thanks again!

Krys

frederickay

hi,arent you the lucky one . no one knows my London Jutsums do they.? why cant we connect them krys. do you know tony saverly and terry morley they are looking for william jutsum in london .
    my jutsums come down thru Frederick ralph caleb Jutsum . maybe someone can help. frederickay.

KrysEmery

Hi Jan!

No luck finding any connections between our families as yet. I'm not giving up because I'm sure there must be one!

I have been e-mailing Terry Morley but I don't think I know Tony Saverly.

Good luck with the research

Krys

Johnsonroots

I have photograps of Richard Jutsum 1800-1871 and Mary Anne Yendel 1798 -1873, their daughter Esther Passmore and husband W. H. Passmore, their son John Passmore and his sister Harriet Nance Matthews, John's daughter Lilian Passmore who married Edgar James, their daughter Helen and brother Harold -and ME. Helen was my mum - so hello there. I have two sisters and a brother. If you want to contact me to find out more about us please do. I live in Norfolk.

Becky

KrysEmery

Hi Becky,

It is great to hear from you! It sounds like we are "relatives" - very distant ones, but still descended from the same family.

In that small entry, there is already a bunch of information that I didn't have before. I would love to see the photo!

Thanks heaps

Krys

AnnB

Hello Krys

Have just taken a look at your web site, and noticed the address you have down for the Passmores in the 1891 census. It should read Rural, Private House, Town End, Braunton. ('Rural' was usually referred to as Rural Cottage).

Best wishes
    Ann

Carol K.

Default More info on Jutsum

Hi Krys,
    I know that we are not related as I have been working on that branch of my family tree but I do have some info on Frederick Jutsum. He was married to my ggAunt Annie (nee Faulkner) Dighton. Fred was the second husband. They were married ca. June 1893, So. Molton, in the Church of England. I tried to email you a photograph yesterday but not sure if you received it. We have a few things in the family - a photo of his headstone, and what is interesting is the "Key to the Church of England". I have the photos but a cousin of mine has the actual key. Its a beauty.

As I look over my notes I have a question for you. I have a photo of a Nelly Stokes from 27 Wheatstone Road, Southsea. The postcard is dated March 1925 and Nelly is about 18 years old. Is this someone in the family on your side?

I would love to have a photo of Frederick is possible. I have more info on Annie if you would like but I'm afraid this forum could not hold the info.

What do you think? Love to hear from you. Carol...

Johnsonroots

I am really enjoying your web site but how do I go about sending you these photoes? You said to mention if there were any differences in my info: I thought that my grandfather's name was Edgar James and also the name Watkin which was carried on by Harold who hyphenated Watkin-James. There is an Aunt Rebecca who appears on your web site and when I was getting married Granny James (Lillian) gave me Aunt Rebecca's wedding ring which I had re-designed and is on my finger today. I also have a letter which is addressed to Mrs. James (again Lillian) from someone called Eileen Norman which contains a lot of information about someone called Basil Matthews MA Oxon. It says a lot about who he is but not what connection he has with Lillian or why Eileen Norman was supplying this information to Lillian. Lillian put together a huge amount of our family tree and when I was married we had the chart she had made hanging on a wall for everyone to see. Sadly I don't know where that went but she has three grandsons who may know more. If my memory serves me correctly she traced part of the Passmore family back to the time of the Spanish Armada when it stopped abruptly. Her conclusion was that the next link could possibly be a Spanish sailor who made it ashore when the Armada was defeated. So your next trip may take you to Spmessage=I am really enjoying your web site but how do I go about sending you these photoes? You said to mention if there were any differences in my info: I thought that my grandfather's name was Edgar James and also the name Watkin which was carried on by Harold who hyphenated Watkin-James. There is an Aunt Rebecca who appears on your web site and when I was getting married Granny James (Lillian) gave me Aunt Rebecca's wedding ring which I had re-designed and is on my finger today. I also have a letter which is addressed to Mrs. James (again Lillian) from someone called Eileen Norman which contains a lot of information about someone called Basil Matthews MA Oxon. It says a lot about who he is but not what connection he has with Lillian or why Eileen Norman was supplying this information to Lillian. Lillian put together a huge amount of our family tree and when I was married we had the chart she had made hanging on a wall for everyone to see. Sadly I don't know where that went but she has three grandsons who may know more. If my memory serves me correctly she traced part of the Passmore family back to the time of the Spanish Armada when it stopped abruptly. Her conclusion was that the next link could possibly be a Spanish sailor who made it ashore when the Armada was defeated. So your next trip may take you to Spain!

Hi , I have found the connection to my William Cook Jutsum in London , his parents were John Jutsum and Elizabeth Townson/Townsend of Devon , I found the connection through a baptism 1771 and confirmation through WCJutsum stepmother Mary Jutsum nee Skinner and possibile Chudleigh , money to him in a will , I now want to go further back and get accurate information on the father John Jutsum , he was from Devon , he was alive in 1763 when his daughter Elizabeth Townson White was born and he was desceased when his widow wrote her will in 1806 , thanks for any help ,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast