DeannaRC

Smile Mary Good from Bandon?

My Irish ancestors immigrated to the U.S. in 1847 because of the Yellow Fever epidemic at that time. Mary Good, her three sons, John, James and Richard, and her granddaughter Anna Sweeney came together. They settled first in Ohio, then Iowa. I have nothing more than that. I know that Mary's husband was a farmer, because of what I read in one of the sons obituary, but I don't know his name. Anna Sweeney, my 3rd great grandmother was born to James C. Sweeney and Sarah B. Good in 1844. I don't know what happened to James or Sarah. I've hit a brickwall, and I'm hoping that someone can help me. Who was Mary Good's husband? What happened to him. What became of James and Sarah (Good) Sweeney? Anyt help would be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks, Deanna

Hi Deanna
    Do you have approximate birth dates for Mary and her children? Something to help separate your family from the others.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

DeannaRC

Hi Christina,
    Mary Good - 3 Mar 1797
    John Good - 12 Feb 1817
    Sarah B. Good (Sweeney) - 1822
    James Good - 1828
    Richard Good - 12 Apr 1828
    All in County Cork. The rumor was that they were from Barry's Hall, near the town of Bandon.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm going to Ireland this summer and need direction as to where to focus my search.
    Thanks so much,
    Deanna