Spellweaver

Thumbs up Hinman, Seymour, Compton and Harrison

Hi everybody. I'm a newbie to this site, but not to genealogy. My Mum's family were canal boatmen, firstly in the Midlands - Bedworth, Knowle and Wolverhampton - and later in Cheshire, specifically Runcorn. Interested to hear from anyone who has links with the above names.
    It's early days yet, but I've been collecting newspaper articles about boatmen for a number of years now, and it seemed daft to have all the data without sharing it, so I have started a website - free to search - with some of the data on. If anyone's interested, site address is spellweaver-online.co.uk. (put www.in front) No vested interest here, but I'd like to know if anyone who looks at it finds it useful, or thinks it will be useful once I have more data available. And if anyone has any ideas of useful additions, or data they would like added, let me know.
    Last edited by christanel; 22-01-2014 at 8:31 PM. Reason: some commercial content

Welcome to Brit-Gen Spellweaver.

You are to be congratulated on making the time to put all the information you have collected online. I am sure the newspaper articles especially will be of great interest to those who have canal boatmen in their ancestry.

We do have a surname forum where you can list the names you are researching, then it is locked. Any other queries you may have are posted on an appropriate forum for the subject.

Good luck with the site

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs