tesahria

Default Re sinclairs family

anyone know anything regarding geneology of sinclairs origionating from Rosylin castle in Scotland my dirrect line comes from William Sinclair and margaret gage who had at least one daughter named jane who married Alexander trotter and lived near John O'Groats - would like to know date of
    williams birth, marriage and death, and occupation if possible and whether he and margaret were actually married as a story has been passed down the generations that a well to do lady in a carriage approach Jane when when was seventeen Jane recognised her and refused to spend time with her saying if you had to wait seventeen years to find me then I don't want to know you. Any information you have concerning her family would be very helpful. thankyou in anticipation.

When did all this happen? Even the decade would help.

tesahria

hi re Jane Sinclair who married Alexander Trotter - I wanted info regarding Jane Sinclair's parents and to confirm a handed down story regarding her birth mother Margaret Gage, her father William Sinclair (landed)-you wanted more info regarding the family. Jane Sinclair was born in 1777 brought up in Edinbourgh, lived in Freswick House. what is Freswick House?

gasser

lived in Freswick House. what is Freswick House?
    Just a quick reply......Freswick House, is very often called Freswick Castle but William Sinclair who built it in the mid 18th century, in spite of his pretensions always called it Freswick House. This piece of info came from this site https://www.caithness.org/history/art...waickhouse.htm