Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Loves to help with queries

Hello Fidgit
    Found a Wedding on Ancestry you may need to check out, which may fit with information on 1911 Census at 6 Dalton Street.

Name:Thomas Herbert Cain, Gender: Male, Marital Status: Single Age:24

Birth Date:1876, Marriage Date:11 Nov 1900, Marriage Place:Parish Church, Kirk Braddan, Isle of Man.

Father:William Cain, Spouse:Agnes Senogles,

FHL Film Number:454976 Reference ID:830

Regards

Green Family

fidgit

That would fit birth of Lorna Agnes Cain to be named after the mother but does not help with Margaret Alice Corrin. Unfortunately difficult to find information after 1911 except from family members so I am at a loss. My sources are now dead.
    Regards
    fidgit

fidgit

Default Parents of Thomas Cain now born 1841 not 1839

Another thought. I believe the parents of Thomas cain who married Margaret and had daughter Sarah Mary Cain who married Wm Henry Henry Corrin had parents:

James Cain and Margaret Kneen since he was christened 25 July 1841 Douglas

and did not have parents

Thomas Cain and Mary Gell christened 9 Jun 1839 St Barnabas Douglas

this would make Margaret Alice Corrin great niece of Wm Cain who brought her up along with his wife mary Alice Telford.

I would say this is definite.
    Regards

fidgit

Default Margaret Alice Corrin

Hi Green Family

Did you get me post about the parents of Thomas Cain father of Sarah Mary Corrin nee Cain b 1869?

Her father was born 1841 and christened 25 July and had parents:

James Cain and Margaret Kneen

the same parents as William Cain making Margaret Alice Cain the great niece of William Cain (b 1836 christened 24 July 1836) who brought her up.

Please acknowledge this post as I think it clears everything up.

Most of my information on descendants is from a Cain family Bible held by my uncle now deceased and other family members and online searches. I have also researched the ancestors of William Cain's wife.
    Regards
    fidgit

Quote Originally Posted by green family View Post
    Hello hope you can help!
    I am trying to find any information about my friends grand mother, she gave away her father (six week old) to be looked after by the paternal family in Haydock in December 1914.
    I know both her parents and siblings, but have only a small amount of information about Margaret. She was born 26 June 1891 Margaret Alice Corrin, parents William Henry Corrin 1870-1932 and Sarah Mary Corrin nee Cain 1869 -1932 both died in Douglas. Birth certificate shows she was unmarried with child Fred Douglas Pimblett Corrin born 7 Nov 1914 in Douglas, at 17 castle street, Douglas occupation Domestic Servant.
    Her older sister Florence Mirian Corrin born 20 Jan 1890 and her younger brother Thomas William Cain Corrin 1896-1979 died in Douglas.
    The Corrin family had a Butchers business on Castle street, Douglas in the 1870s - 1880s
    Can not find Margaret on 1901 or 1911 census, she is not with her parents in Douglas.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Green Family

Loves to help with queries

Hello Fidgit

Sorry been away for a few weeks

I don't really agree about your finding about Thomas Cain father.
    I did find Census 1861 at 63 Duke Street, Conchan, Douglas, Isle of Man,
    1871 at 66 Duke Street, Conchan, Douglas, Isle of Man,
    also in 1881 at 64 Duke Street, Douglas, Isle of Man,
    also in 1891 at 64 Duke Street, Douglas, Isle of Man,
    Thomas Cain & Margaret residing for 30 years at Duke Street, Douglas. Parents in 1861 census show that Thomas father is Thomas Cain & Mary Cain ( Butcher's Business) nee Gill, not James & Margaret as you stated.
    Hope this helps, with your future research.
    I will have to step away from the Cain family Tree, good luck!

Regards

Green Family

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234