nataliew

Default Miles family Hammersmith & Wales early 1900s

Hello all
    I'm trying to trace forward the Miles family starting from Hammersmith with Henry James Miles coachman born 1865 Paddington marrying Ada Wright born 1867 Hammersmith. Ada is my direct link and I have her ancestry - I'm not quite so interested in Henry's but more the family's fate.

Ada dies in later 1901 from a brain tumour and Henry is in Brixton prison for the 1911 census. I'm not sure why or what happens to him afterwards (there is a possible death for him in 1921).

There are 4 children, all born in Hammersmith:
    Eva Maud Miles born 17/12/1888. Traced through school records for Waterloo Street School in 1890s, with another family in Barnes in 1901 census. Disappears after this. Rumours that she made the move to Swansea and suffered mental health problems
    Lewis Henry Miles born 1890. Known as Harry, I can trace his entire life - he remained close to my great grandmother throughout his life and I still have contact with one of his sons and grand daughters. This is partly why I'd like to trace the family as he never mentioned his family, childhood or background. Supposedly, he led the move to Wales to find work.
    George F (possibly Frederick, as his grandfather)Miles born 1895. He is witness at Harry's 1920 Swansea wedding but no other trace of him. He is supposed to have gone with Harry to look for work.
    Charlie born 1900. He would have been an infant when his mother died and I have no idea what happened to him!

With the exception of Harry, they are all difficult to trace after the mother's death and 1901 census. I'm hoping the power of Brit Gen will come up with something!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

George F (possibly Frederick, as his grandfather)Miles born 1895. He is witness at Harry's 1920 Swansea wedding but no other trace of him
    3 possibilities in the 1911census, all Institutions!

George MILES b 1895 /1896

RG14 1169 Hackney Union Childrens Home

RG14 9976 Training Ship Exmouth at Grays ESsex

RG 14 3271 Farm Taining Colony

Have you checked the Commonwealth War Graves database? They're all about the right age for WW1.

Eva Maud Miles born 17/12/1888. Traced through school records for Waterloo Street School in 1890s, with another family in Barnes in 1901 census. Disappears after this. Rumours that she made the move to Swansea and suffered mental health problems
    Found married to the head of household of the family she is living with in 1901

q1 1905 Poplar 1c 706
    Eva Maudie MILES = Charles Alfred STRICKSON

Childre per 1911

1) Baptism 1 Jul 1906
    Saint John the Evangelist, Hammersmith
    Harry Alfred STRICKSON s/oEva Maudie STRICKSON & Charles Alfred STRICKSON

2) Charles Alfred STRICKSON 19 Feb 1908
    Death Sep 1977 - Hastings and Rother, Sussex, England

3) Eva STRICKSON

4) Baby daughter 1 month STRICKSON 1911

1911 93 Glenthorne Rd, Hammersmith W

There is a Grant of Probate & War record for Charles A

Will you research or do you require detaisl posting!!?

Charlie MILES b 1900 Hammersmith

Foster home down side their are othe children who may be siblings....
    84 Oaklands Road Hanwell Middlesex
    Brentford
    Reference RG14PN6855

Ada Jane NEWBERRY b 1860 is foster mother