Thread: Moray site

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Moray site

www.moray.gov.uk and follow the Local Heritage link (for those who havent discoverd it yet !)

I used to be a regular of this site ages ago and I revisited it last night and boy how it has changed ! so much more available information ! Its very easy to search a name and if you find who you are looking for the results could tell you who they married,children, parents,occupation, death and will let you know if there are any newspaper obits and headstone and in my case in 1877 my gt gt grandmother applied for poor relief.

Its certainly well worth a reminder to look as it confirmed and added a few more to my lot and it costs nothing or should those smilies be the other way round ?

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Caseys View Post
    www.moray.gov.uk and follow the Local Heritage link (for those who havent discoverd it yet !)

I used to be a regular of this site ages ago and I revisited it last night and boy how it has changed ! so much more available information ! Its very easy to search a name and if you find who you are looking for the results could tell you who they married,children, parents,occupation, death and will let you know if there are any newspaper obits and headstone and in my case in 1877 my gt gt grandmother applied for poor relief.

Its certainly well worth a reminder to look as it confirmed and added a few more to my lot and it costs nothing or should those smilies be the other way round ?
    I was sent this site from someone today and would just like to echo Chasing Caseys' comments about it... very user friendly as well. ( I don't have anyone from that area, but I did do some searching, " just in case"!
    https://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp

Sue