Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: evan price 1890

hansol730

Default evan price 1890

hi does anyone have info on a evan price. could be evan john price. born 1890. married a ruth elizabeth spacey in 1908 at Llanspyddid. info im looking for would be his mother and fathers names. thanks.....paul.

Reputation beyond repute

The marriage certificate will provide the names of the bride's and groom's fathers.

There is a public tree on ancestry that has Evan Price with parents as James Price b 1833 and Mary price 1841 which would make her 49 when Evan was born. Not impossible but....?

There is another one with Evan John Price that has his parents as Evan Price 1858 - 1934 and Mary Ann Jones 1869 - 1897. Children to this Evan J - Gwyon and Gethin.

As Peter says the marriage certificate will set you on the correct track.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

These could be your ancestors. I advise you buy the marriage certificate to prove whether they are or not.

1911, address:By Butchers Arms Pontsticill Nr Merthyr Tydvil. RG14; Piece: 32478
    Evan Price 21, Limestone Quarryman, born Chapeby Fyn, Breconshire (Capel-y-ffin??)
    Ruth Elizabeth Price 22, wife married 2yrs, Toddington, Bedfordshire
    Jesse Spacey 3, son, Pontsticill

1891, Tiberton, Herefordshire. RG12; Piece: 2064; Folio: 45; Page: 9
    James Price 29, Agricultural Labourer, Hansonfried, Radnorshire
    Mary Price 25, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire,
    James Lewis 2, Brilley, Herefordshire
    Evan Price 1, Chappel Lugan, Breconshire

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    There is a public tree on ancestry that has Evan Price with parents as James Price b 1833 and Mary price 1841 which would make her 49 when Evan was born. Not impossible but....?
    Hansel730, I see the tree referred to by Christanel is yours, I too note you have an exact date for the marriage between Evan Price and Ruth Elizabeth Spacey - do you have the certificate, if so please post ALL details.

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hansel730, I see the tree referred to by Christanel is yours, I too note you have an exact date for the marriage between Evan Price and Ruth Elizabeth Spacey - do you have the certificate, if so please post ALL details.
    Ah, did you get the marriage date from https://familysearch.org/ ? they have brief details; a copy of the original parish marriage entry is available on FMP - I suggest you purchase a few pay as you go credits to learn fathers' names. Unfortunately I cannot post the details as FMP's T&C's do not allow it.

janbooth

The actual parish register image of the marriage is on Findmypast with details of both fathers. It is a pay per view site but for around £6 you can also hopefully track back on both Evan & Ruth's parents as FMP hold a lot of actual parish register images in Wales.

Janet

hansol730

hi thanks for the reply. i had the marrage information from within my family. the date is correct. ruth e spacey b toddington was my g grandmother. but im still looking for evan prices parents because im not sure if the ones i have on mt tree are the correct ones. the agesd seen to be a little to old...im still looking though.....all the best....paul.

hansol730

hi ...its only evans parents im looking for as i have ruths parents. ive traced ruth e spacey as far back as the 1700s. all the best...paul

janbooth

I cannot find an appropriate baptism for Evan on FMP given that his father is shown as James PRICE on his marriage record and from his 1911 census details. The 1911 census would suggest that Evan's place of birth is Capel-y-Ffyn which is apparently in Powys within the Brecon Beacons and close to the borders of both Monmouthshire and Herefordshire. This would also fit with the 1901 census of Evan PRICE father James mother Mary in Blakemere, Herefordshire (RG13/2846, folio 119, page 8) where Evan's birthplace is shown as Chapelfine, Monmouthshire. Given this, perhaps you could try approaching the problem from a slightly different angle and purchase the birth certificate of one of Evan's siblings to obtain the mother's maiden name which should then make it easier to find the marriage of his parents.

Hope this helps further.

Janet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast