Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bobdunford6

Smile John Murphy born Dublin 1850 died ?

well i have found all the murphy family inthe 1901 dublin census 172 leeson park avenue
    which gives
    john murphy born 1850 stableman
    anne murphy born 1851
    with some of the children
    but it seems in the 1911 dublin census 1 westmoreland park ann murphy was a widow,cannot find the death date or the grave of john murphy can you help please,

Hello
    I have separated this post from your thread in the Introduce Yourself forum to give it more exposure to all our BG sleuths.

Hopefully someone will be able to give you some leads on John before too long.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

bobdunford6

i have a lot more i will tell you of next time thank you again,

At first when I started searching for a possible death for John I thought there were going to be too many to sort him out but trusting that his age was recorded according to the 1901 census this is the most likely one.

John Murphy
    Date of Registration - Jan-Feb-Mar 1909
    Death Age - 58 Estimated Birth Year - about 1851
    Registration District - Dublin South
    Death Country - Ireland
    Vol - 2
    Page - 522
    FHL Film Number - 0101604

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

bobdunford6

i think you could be right
    i have 1901 dublin census
    residents of a house 172 in leeson park avenue (rathmines & rathgar east,dublin
    SURNAME FORENAME AGE SEX RELATION TO HEAD RELIGION BIRTHPLACE OCCUPATION LITERACY MARITAL STATUS
    kelly mary 6 female grand child roman catholic dublin scholar cannot read not married
    greeg maria 49 female head of family church of ireland monaghan private income read & write widow
    murphy anne 50 female servant roman catholic wicklow servant read & write married
    murphy john 51 male roman catholic dublin stable man read & write married
    murphy michael 14 male son roman catholic dublin scholar read& write not married
    murphy thomas 11 male son roman catholic dublin scholar read& write not married
    murphy patrick 19 male son roman catholic dublin van driver read& write not married

maria kerr daughter of william kerr clergy man,church of ireland. from monaghan married william burrough gregg from ulster another clergy man church of ireland at st peters church dublin 2 august 1870,they moved into 29 leeson park avenue,there in 1871 there son henry burroughs greeg was born.
    in 1898 william burroughs greeg died at 81 grosvenor sq rathmines dublin leaving everything to his wife maria elizabeth greeg of 29 leeson park avenue dublin
    on the 30 dec 1904 maria greeg died leaving everythingto her son henry greeg
    so 29 leeson park avenue was sold ,and the murphy family had to move out,
    then with glasnevin cemetry help found another son john murphy born 1876 van driver died 2nd of april 1901,age 25,at leeson park avenue dublin,mother anne murphy of the same address informed glasnevin cemetry of his death,
    1911 census residents of a house 1.2 in westmoreland park(rathmines & rathgar east,dublin)
    SURNAME FORENAME AGE SEX RELATION TO HEAD RELIGION BIRTHPLACE OCCUPATION LITRERACY MARITAL STAUS
    murphy peter 39 male son roman catholic dublin grocer porter read & write not married
    murphy patrick 28 male son roman catholic dublin general labourer read&write not married
    murphy thomas 21 male son roman catholic dublin grocer porter read& write not married
    murphy ann 60 female head of family roman catholic dublin daley worker read & write widow
    kelly ginney 16 female grand daughter roman catholic dublin school read& write single
    murphy dick 16 male grand son roman catholic dublin school read& write single
    murphy mary 14 female grand daughter roman catholc dublin school read& write single
    murphy peter 8 male grand son roman catholic dublin school read & write single
    now first cannot find maiden name of ann murphy born 1851
    peter and patrick never married ,john died in 1901 not married ,thomas married mary ann duffy in 1921
    leaving only michael murphy who cannot be the father of the gransons and grand daughters he was born in 1887,so there must have been more sons to be the father and a daughter who married a kelly.
    Last edited by bobdunford6; 19-12-2013 at 1:20 PM. Reason: wrong date

bobdunford6

Default john and ann murphy

more on the murphy family
    the murphy family grave
    mount jerome dublin

NAME DATE OF DEATH AGE PLACE OF DEATH ATTESTANT BIRTH
    thomas murphy 13 dec 1937 48 sir patrick dunn hospital dublin mary murphy wife 1889
    of 28 monasterbolce road
    peter murphy 8th jan 1943 71 dublin union hospital micheal murphy brother 1872
    of 1 westmoreland park
    thomas murphy 30 th sept 1956 33 st kevins hospital patrick francis murphy brother 1923
    122 keogh sq.inchecore
    mary ann mnurphy 4th nov 1982 82 st james hospital 1900

mary ann murphy 2nd feb 1999 72 st james hospital 1927

patrick murphy 6th april 2003 78 st james hospital william murphy brother 1925

christina murphy 30 th dec 2008 77 glen carraig nursing home william murphy broth 1929

jane rosaleen murphy 26th july 2011 80 bradford england william murphy brother 1931

this is all i have found hoping this will help

so you will see in 1943 the murphy.family, still lived at 1 westmoreland park

bobdunford6

i have been sent this from church records irish genealogy they think they have found john murphy marraige to ann murphy ,but it does not state she was born in county wicklow,
    AREA DUBLIN (RC),parish /church/congregation-st mary ,pro cathedral
    MARRAIGE OF JOANESS MURPHY OF 21 GREEN STREET AND ANNE MOORE OF 21 GREEN STREET ON 24 JANUARY 1870
    HUSBAND WIFE
    NAME joaness murphy anne moore
    address 21 green street 21 green street
    occupation n/a n/a
    father joannis murphy thomas moore
    mother mariae hannae
    further details in the record
    priest thomas o.rielly
    witness 1 w.kerwick
    witness 2 elizabeth warren
    about the record
    BOOK NUMBER PAGE ENTRY NUMBER RECORD _IDENTIFIER IMAGE FILENAME
    N/R 34 N/R DU-RC-MA-130815 ST MARYS -PRO -CATH_MF_1881-1904_MA_0221
    hoping this might help
    also i have thomas dunford born 1890 married mary ann duffy 1921 ,and all there children
    in dublin all the murphy family are waiting for any result ,they were surprised when i found there grand father and mother john murphy born dublin 1850 and ann murphy born county wicklow 1851 in the 1901 census of 172 leeson park avenue dublin ,

bobdunford6

Quote Originally Posted by bobdunford6 View Post
    i think you could be right
    i have 1901 dublin census
    residents of a house 172 in leeson park avenue (rathmines & rathgar east,dublin
    SURNAME FORENAME AGE SEX RELATION TO HEAD RELIGION BIRTHPLACE OCCUPATION LITERACY MARITAL STATUS
    kelly mary 6 female grand child roman catholic dublin scholar cannot read not married
    greeg maria 49 female head of family church of ireland monaghan private income read & write widow
    murphy anne 50 female servant roman catholic wicklow servant read & write married
    murphy john 51 male roman catholic dublin stable man read & write married
    murphy michael 14 male son roman catholic dublin scholar read& write not married
    murphy thomas 11 male son roman catholic dublin scholar read& write not married
    murphy patrick 19 male son roman catholic dublin van driver read& write not married

maria kerr daughter of william kerr clergy man,church of ireland. from monaghan married william burrough gregg from ulster another clergy man church of ireland at st peters church dublin 2 august 1870,they moved into 29 leeson park avenue,there in 1871 there son henry burroughs greeg was born.
    in 1898 william burroughs greeg died at 81 grosvenor sq rathmines dublin leaving everything to his wife maria elizabeth greeg of 29 leeson park avenue dublin
    on the 30 dec 1904 maria greeg died leaving everythingto her son henry greeg
    so 29 leeson park avenue was sold ,and the murphy family had to move out,
    then with glasnevin cemetry help found another son john murphy born 1876 van driver died 2nd of april 1901,age 25,at leeson park avenue dublin,mother anne murphy of the same address informed glasnevin cemetry of his death,
    1911 census residents of a house 1.2 in westmoreland park(rathmines & rathgar east,dublin)
    SURNAME FORENAME AGE SEX RELATION TO HEAD RELIGION BIRTHPLACE OCCUPATION LITRERACY MARITAL STAUS
    murphy peter 39 male son roman catholic dublin grocer porter read & write not married
    murphy patrick 28 male son roman catholic dublin general labourer read&write not married
    murphy thomas 21 male son roman catholic dublin grocer porter read& write not married
    murphy ann 60 female head of family roman catholic dublin daley worker read & write widow
    kelly ginney 16 female grand daughter roman catholic dublin school read& write single
    murphy dick 16 male grand son roman catholic dublin school read& write single
    murphy mary 14 female grand daughter roman catholc dublin school read& write single
    murphy peter 8 male grand son roman catholic dublin school read & write single
    now first cannot find maiden name of ann murphy born 1851
    peter and patrick never married ,john died in 1901 not married ,thomas married mary ann duffy in 1921
    leaving only michael murphy who cannot be the father of the gransons and grand daughters he was born in 1887,so there must have been more sons to be the father and a daughter who married a kelly.
    also john and ann murphy must have had a daughter who married a kelly to have a grand daughter mary kelly or ginney kelly which i believe to be the same person,
    so if you look at the date of births of the sons of john and ann murphy
    between peter murphy and john murphy there is 4 years,between john murphy birth and patrick murphy there is Seven years,between patrick murphy and michael murphy 4 years ,and between michael murphy and thomas murphy 3 years ,so as there family ,living in dublin said they always thought there was more children,we know looking at it there must have been a daughter ,
    now i dont know how long the family lived in 172 leeson park avenue 1901 census but john murphy father was 51 ,ann murphy was 50,and patrick murphy was 19,the eldest son peter was not in this census he would have been 29 years old then
    if we could find out where they all were baptized this would help us to where they lived,and we might find more children ,sorry if i am digging to fast,they think they have found john murphy marraige to anne moore in 1870 at st marys church ,pro cathedral,which would fit the dates of birth of there children first child peter murphy born 1872,now if we could find there baptism ,and death date of john and ann murphy

bobdunford6

also john and ann murphy must have had a daughter who married a kelly to have a grand daughter mary kelly or ginney kelly which i believe to be the same person,
    so if you look at the date of births of the sons of john and ann murphy
    between peter murphy and john murphy there is 4 years,between john murphy birth and patrick murphy there is Seven years,between patrick murphy and michael murphy 4 years ,and between michael murphy and thomas murphy 3 years ,so as there family ,living in dublin said they always thought there was more children,we know looking at it there must have been a daughter ,
    now i dont know how long the family lived in 172 leeson park avenue 1901 census but john murphy father was 51 ,ann murphy was 50,and patrick murphy was 19,the eldest son peter was not in this census he would have been 29 years old then
    if we could find out where they all were baptized this would help us to where they lived,and we might find more children ,sorry if i am digging to fast,they think they have found john murphy marraige to anne moore in 1870 at st marys church ,pro cathedral,which would fit the dates of birth of there children first child peter murphy born 1872,now if we could find there baptism ,and death date of john and ann murphy
    john murphy born 1850 grand son William Murphy (son of Thomas Murphy born 1890)has a daughter christian Murphy Cullen who will be going into the Dublin genealogy library next week to find out more ,if she does i will put it all on hear

bobdunford6

john murphy born 1850 grand son William Murphy (son of Thomas Murphy born 1890)has a daughter christian Murphy Cullen who will be going into the Dublin genealogy library next week to find out more ,if she does i will put it all on hear
    there must be more murphy familys who have the same family i am searching out there in dublin ,the grand children of john and ann murphy who are onthe 1911 census. would have got married and had a family ,we could help each other,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast