Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bobdunford6

Quote Originally Posted by bobdunford6 View Post
    i have been sent this from church records irish genealogy they think they have found john murphy marraige to ann murphy ,but it does not state she was born in county wicklow,
    AREA DUBLIN (RC),parish /church/congregation-st mary ,pro cathedral
    MARRAIGE OF JOANESS MURPHY OF 21 GREEN STREET AND ANNE MOORE OF 21 GREEN STREET ON 24 JANUARY 1870
    HUSBAND WIFE
    NAME joaness murphy anne moore
    address 21 green street 21 green street
    occupation n/a n/a
    father joannis murphy thomas moore
    mother mariae hannae
    further details in the record
    priest thomas o.rielly
    witness 1 w.kerwick
    witness 2 elizabeth warren
    about the record
    BOOK NUMBER PAGE ENTRY NUMBER RECORD _IDENTIFIER IMAGE FILENAME
    N/R 34 N/R DU-RC-MA-130815 ST MARYS -PRO -CATH_MF_1881-1904_MA_0221
    hoping this might help
    also i have thomas dunford born 1890 married mary ann duffy 1921 ,and all there children
    in dublin all the murphy family are waiting for any result ,they were surprised when i found there grand father and mother john murphy born dublin 1850 and ann murphy born county wicklow 1851 in the 1901 census of 172 leeson park avenue dublin ,
    if i could find john murphy born 1850 believe to have died in 1909 his grave ,or ann murphy believed to be ann moore her grave or both bodies in the same grave,we would be getting some where
    so we need the death and graves of john and ann murphy
    a daughter of john and ann murphy who married a kelly to have mary /ginney kelly grand daughter
    and if there was more sons of john and ann murphy to be the fathers of the grand children.
    some one out there knows ,or some church in dublin should have the answer

bobdunford6

if i could find john murphy born 1850 believe to have died in 1909 his grave ,or ann murphy believed to be ann moore her grave or both bodies in the same grave,we would be getting some where
    so we need the death and graves of john and ann murphy
    a daughter of john and ann murphy who married a kelly to have mary /ginney kelly grand daughter
    and if there was more sons of john and ann murphy to be the fathers of the grand children.
    some one out there knows ,or some church in dublin should have the answer
    now in the 1911 census at 1.2 westmoreland park dublin it gave mary kelly as john and ann murphy grand daughter ,with this in mind genealogy ie have sent me this ,the mother of mary kelly is mary jane murphy who married patrick kelly in 1893,
    and mary jane murphy father is john murphy born dublin and mother anne walsh born co wicklow,
    now i do not know who to believe,can you help please

bobdunford6

now in the 1911 census at 1.2 westmoreland park dublin it gave mary kelly as john and ann murphy grand daughter ,with this in mind genealogy ie have sent me this ,the mother of mary kelly is mary jane murphy who married patrick kelly in 1893,
    and mary jane murphy father is john murphy born dublin and mother anne walsh born co wicklow,
    now i do not know who to believe,can you help please
    ALSO they now tell me it is not dublin city i should go into to find out about the murphy family but county of dublin,
    as
    peter murphy was born in kingstown dublin now called dun laoghaire in 1872 died 1943 buried in mount jerome cemetry
    mary jane was born bootstown /blackrock in 1874.married patrick kelly in 1893 child mary kelly born 1895
    john murphy born bootstown blackrock dublin born 1876 died at leeson park ave in 1901
    william joseph murphy born bootstown /blackrock dublin
    patrick edward murphy born bootstown/blackrock dublin 1880
    michael murphy born bootstown /blackrock dublin 1887
    thomas murphy born boots town /blackrock dublin 1890,died 1937 living at 28 monasterbolce road dublin
    so they all moved from there to 29 leeson park avenue 1901 census
    then again to 1.2 westmoreland park dublin 1911 census but anne murphy mother was then a widow.
    living with them there was also there grand children
    kelly mary then 16 granddaugter,mother mary jane murphy father patrick kelly
    murphy dick age 16 grandson father and mother unknown
    murphy mary age 14 grand daughter father and mother unknown
    murphy peter age 8 grand son father and mother unknown
    unless they were williams children
    as peter murphy -patrick murphy- john murphy never married,
    thomas murphy married mary ann duffy in 1921
    leavin only peter murphy who would have been to young
    unless there are more sons which we have not heard about at this time,

bobdunford6

ALSO they now tell me it is not dublin city i should go into to find out about the murphy family but county of dublin,
    as
    peter murphy was born in kingstown dublin now called dun laoghaire in 1872 died 1943 buried in mount jerome cemetry
    mary jane was born bootstown /blackrock in 1874.married patrick kelly in 1893 child mary kelly born 1895
    john murphy born bootstown blackrock dublin born 1876 died at leeson park ave in 1901
    william joseph murphy born bootstown /blackrock dublin
    patrick edward murphy born bootstown/blackrock dublin 1880
    michael murphy born bootstown /blackrock dublin 1887
    thomas murphy born boots town /blackrock dublin 1890,died 1937 living at 28 monasterbolce road dublin
    so they all moved from there to 29 leeson park avenue 1901 census
    then again to 1.2 westmoreland park dublin 1911 census but anne murphy mother was then a widow.
    living with them there was also there grand children
    kelly mary then 16 granddaugter,mother mary jane murphy father patrick kelly
    murphy dick age 16 grandson father and mother unknown
    murphy mary age 14 grand daughter father and mother unknown
    murphy peter age 8 grand son father and mother unknown
    unless they were williams children
    as peter murphy -patrick murphy- john murphy never married,
    thomas murphy married mary ann duffy in 1921
    leaving only peter Murphy who would have been to young
    unless there are more sons which we have not heard about at this time,
    my wife and i have been thinking about .the 1901 census and maria Gregg
    now we have to go back maria Gregg a cleric of the church of Ireland daughter
    married William Burroughs Gregg in 1870 in Dublin there son Henry Burroughs Gregg was born in 1871,in Dublin. William Gregg died in 1893 in Dublin ,keeping this in mind john Murphy and Anne Walsh were all living in bootstown.blackrock from 1872 to 1890,
    then we find Anne Walsh the servant to maria Gregg at 29 leeson park avenue.
    now first maria Gregg and William Gregg had lots of money ,now taking in a women as a servant with all her big family we cannot understand,john Murphy was a stableman for Trinity college,although it must have been after 1890 ,as they still were living at black rock then,so after 1890 they must have moved further in town,and i suppose maria Gregg advertised for a servant.and perhaps john Murphy also help in the garden or work around the house,and in 1903 maria Gregg died and left everything to her son Henry Gregg,so the house was sold and the Murphy family moved out .going to 1.2 westmoreland park,were we find them in 1911 census,just putting things together, so just maybe john and Anne married in black rock Dublin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12