Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    silverdigger

Hello Geneius,

I am still not convinced that Thomas' first wife was Dorothy as none of his grd chrn have that name and none of the above with the exception of Mary Ann and Charles are named as witness at any of the marriages. I agree if Thomas was a farrier he could have moved, but I still have a problem with his change of occupation from farrier to clerk.

I need to try and find the other siblings you have named and see if there is a later connection eg did they move to B'ham with their ftr, Charles and Mary Ann. Charles and Mary Ann's younger sister Ann was born in B'ham in 1816, which would mean that for the others to have been born in Pimlico Thomas would have had to move back from B'ham to London - obviously not impossible. The only birth I could find that fitted was to Thomas and Ann, and his occup was Stirrup maker, lvg Lawley St, also in the right location but doesn't help. This dtr Ann is lvg with Thomas and wf in Ann the 1841 census. There is also a Mary Walker who I believe is a relative of wf Ann. Some time later when son Charles Wootton's chrn died of Scarlatina his son Edmund died at the house of Mary Walker, a nurse in 1847.

I also found a birth for a Selena Wootton born 1834 ftr's occup office clerk resident Holt St which is not far from Manchester St. This is the only reference I have found so far for Selena and I think she may have died as I can't find her elsewhere.

When I have time I will check out the others you have named.

Many thanks for you input.

Silverdigger

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Silver digger

On reflection, I do not think that Thomas WOOTTON Farrier is the correct family link....I was thinking more from the conversion of labour/ physical intensified job to 'quill' pushing and shuffling of paper......however if Thomas was a clerk!

There is a family of WOOTTONS in WIndsor around 1811, but no mention of a Thomas or Mary Ann could they have been non conformists?

pippycat

I've checked non conformists on BMD Registers geneius and there is nothing in any county.
    - infact out of the 433 results for Wootton's there is only 1 entry for Berkshire.

Thomasin Wootton married John Rattey 28 June 1687 Windsor, Berks. From registers of Monthly Meeting at New Windsor, Berks 1669-1742.

Might want to keep hold of it Silverdigger in case you get ancestors back that far in Berkshire

geneius, I'm glad you've gone off the idea of Dorothy and Thomas the Farrier!

Rebecca

Rebecca

These are the 1841 WOOTTON Berkshire refs which I used to base my comments!!!!!

H107 23 1/12 19 Isaac WOOTTON Windsor

H107 17 25/10 24 Newberry WOOTTON

H107 24/9 12 Newberry WOOTTON

Jx

H107 2058 1063 45
    Manchester Road
    WOOTTON Ann 51 widow Laundress Bridgnorth Shropshire
    WOOTTON Emma 20 steel pin slitter Birmingham
    WOOTTON Eliza 13 Birmingham

RG9 2162 42 26
    Manchester Road
    WOOTTON Ann 61 widow Laundress Shropshire
    ELDRED Emily 22 saty maker London
    ELDRED Harriett 20 Stay maker London boarders

silverdigger

This is the right family. Some time back I investigated the Eldred girls and came to the conclusion they were just lodgers as I couldn't find any family connection.

When Ann Wootton (wdw) shed the mortal her grd dtr Alice Bould was present dtr of Emma Wootton and John Bould.

silverdigger

Don't think so as the baptisms took place at Aston St Peter & St Paul, dtr Emma, Selena St P&P, Ann b 1816 bpt Asted St James the Less. Charles Wootton's mrgs both took place at St Thomas, Edgbaston and the bpt of his 2 chrn by his first wf were also at Asted.

I'm pretty sure Thomas' mrg to Ann Walker (1829) is correct as he and then his dtr Mary Ann mrd Henry Willetts (1836) St Bartholomew, Edgbaston.

pippycat

Silverdigger

Meaning you don't think they were non conformist?

I couldn't find any, so tend to agree with you.

Been trying to find a baptism for Thomas 'needle in a haystack' Wootton c1786

Came up with:
    Thomas Wootton born 17 May and baptised 12 April 1786 St Lawrence, Thanet Kent.
    Parents: Thomas and Judith Wootton
    (I already feel you won't like it on the basis of mom being called Judith!!)

Other children born to same couple:
    Ann 11 Nov 1787
    Daniel 17 Sept 1800
    Edward 26 May 1789
    Eliza 2 July 1797
    Elizabeth 30 Nov 1795
    Mary 13 Dec 1790
    William 11 Dec 1792

Thomas Wootton married Judith Peake 21 Oct 1785 St Lawrence, Thanet.

Their daughter's (may have wed)
    Ann and Daniel Foal 1818
    Elizabeth and Robert Friend 1820
    Mary and William Thorpe 1812

If you don't recognise any of the names and still dislike it, find a bin! (I don't mind)

Rebecca

Ann WALKER
    baptised
    13 April 1800
    SAINT MARY MAGDALENE
    BRIDGNORTH SHROPSHIRE
    Henry & Ann WALKER

Marriage

Ann WALKER to THOMAS WOOTTON

19 July 1829

EdgbastonWarwickshire

familysearch

I have looked at the baptism of Emma 4/12/1831 & Eliza 17/11/1839 . on both the address is given as Manchetser St whereas Selena 02/11/1834 baptised in the intervening years address is shown as Holt St Duddeston so is this a child of the marriage?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast