Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike B

I have been looking at the info concerning Thomas Wright and Elizabeth Bell. I think this is a more promising link than his being married to Elizabeth Southgate. Especially as there is a marriage for them in Thornham which is where she was from. What do you think???

My Brick wall contains the son of Samuel Wright and Ann Rudland. He is called Thomas and he was born in about 1849-50 in Kings Lynn. (not found birth record yet)
    On the 1851, 61, 71 census he has his Parents listed as Samuel and Ann. However, on his Marriage record his father is Thomas. I thought this must be a typo. In the 51 Census He is named as a Son but is Living with Thomas (1790) who may be his father or Grandfather. I cannot be certain. He is accepted into Fakenham Church in 1855 with Samuel and Ann. (bishops transcript)

OK. in the 1841 census there is a Thomas living with Samuel and is son of Thomas (1790) as well. He was Christened 20 Sep 1820. I cannot find him in the 51 Census.
    So Does Thomas (1820) die after fathering his son Thomas (1850) who is then taken on by Samuel. He is the only son born in Kings Lynn but I can't find a birth record there as yet. What do others think. Hope this has all made sense. lol...
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post

My Brick wall contains the son of Samuel Wright and Ann Rudland. He is called Thomas and he was born in about 1849-50 in Kings Lynn. (not found birth record yet)
    On the 1851, 61, 71 census he has his Parents listed as Samuel and Ann. However, on his Marriage record his father is Thomas.
    Mike, please can you say who/when Thomas married? Do you have a marriage certificate and if so what details are entered?

I notice when Thomas was baptised 2nd Sept 1855, Samuel and Ann had another three children baptised on the same day - John, Elizabeth Seppings, and Ann.

Do you know where the middle name Seppings fits into your FH (if it does).

I think only Elizabeth Sappings Wright baptism had 'received into the Church' entered.

There is a thread here wich explains the meaning. https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...p-Confirmation

Mike B

Thomas Wright (1850) married Charlotte Pleasance in about 1870. I have seen the parish record and there is a record on Familysearch. I have not seen a marriage certificate though.

Mike B

I think Elizabeth Seppings was married to either one of the Rudland or Pleasants family. She died young and her widower remarried. I do have all this info recorded but not on me.

Mike B

Elizabeth Seppings married John Rudland in 1826 and I think she died in 1829

OK. in the 1841 census there is a Thomas living with Samuel and is son of Thomas (1790) as well. He was Christened 20 Sep 1820. I cannot find him in the 51 Census.
    So Does Thomas (1820) die after fathering his son Thomas (1850) who is then taken on by Samuel. He is the only son born in Kings Lynn but I can't find a birth record there as yet. What do others think. Hope this has all made sense. lol...
    Mike
    Mike, I've carried out some searching but cannot find any evidence to suggest Thomas (1850) was the son of Thomas (1820), it is very possible the father's name entered on his marriage record is wrong - it definitely happened! There's many threads on FH forums regarding wrong father's name on marriage certs, may be the vicar was over tired, had too much communion wine , or a lack of concentration.

There's a few Thomas Wright deaths on Freebmd 1841 -51 in the Walsingham registration district.

Thomas Wright (1850) married Charlotte Pleasance in about 1870. I have seen the parish record and there is a record on Familysearch. I have not seen a marriage certificate though.
    On FreeBMD
    Marriages Dec 1/4 1871
    Charlotte Pleasance
    Thomas Wright
    Registration district Walsingham 4b/837

familysearch.org
    Thomas Wright
    Spouse -Charlotte Pleasance
    23 Dec 1871
    At Sculthorpe, Needham, Norfolk, England
    Father - Thomas Wright
    Spouse's father - John Pleasance

As almach says there are so many opportunities for a wrong name to be written or mistranscribed and I agree that all the evidence points to his father being Samuel.. It would be interesting to see whether the marriage certificate says Samuel as father but that means spending some money Maybe put it on the Christmas list?

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Mike B

Almach and Christinel
    Thanks both for your help and adivce. I agree that until I see the Marriage certificate I should assume that Samuel and Ann are the parents of Thomas. I also have some info now to search for the Parents of Both Thomas 1790 and Betsy Bell 1795 who seems the mose likely Spouse being from and married in Thornham.
    If you come across any info regarding them please let me know.
    It seems more difficult to find family histories like Familysearch did years ago. Then you could go back a few generations with a few clicks. Nowadays it seems harder to have to go one stage at a time without other peoples Geds to help.

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast