Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    womenswrites

It is such a thrill to see their names on the census roll. Wow. Thanks so much!!

womenswrites

Thank you so much! How can I find out more about this ship? I think this must be them. The age isn't quite right, Jane would have been 27 (close) and Ann 29. I googled it but couldn't come up with any info except for later voyages of the same ship. It eventually sunk off the coast of Florida and is now a wreck. How cool to go there and dive the wreck!!

-shivers-

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by womenswrites View Post
    Thank you so much! How can I find out more about this ship? I think this must be them. The age isn't quite right, Jane would have been 27 (close) and Ann 29. I googled it but couldn't come up with any info except for later voyages of the same ship. It eventually sunk off the coast of Florida and is now a wreck. How cool to go there and dive the wreck!!

-shivers-
    Not sure this is your family as I found a John |WILD listed as a Carpenter on the maifest and where are John & Mary?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

1880 US Census
    Des Moines, Polk, Iowa

BROWNE John 65 Land Agent Wales
    BROWNE( SCOTT) Fanny 43 keeps home VA?
    SCOTT Laura 83 mother in law VA?
    PETERSON Katie M 20
    SHEPHERD Joseph 25

Death
    John BROWNE
    B 1819
    Death 23 Jan 1882
    Age 63
    Polk
    Cemetery Woodland, Iowa Graves Registration Survey WPA Polk County Iowa
    Page 75

Ann SWALE b 1821
    Death 13 Jan 1871
    Age 50
    Mentor Fay Cemetery Tripoli Bremer
    Burial record Bremer County Burial Records vol 1-4 page 462

Red face john henry swale prof.of mathematics.

Hi beth.my name is carol i live in liverpool.my gggg.grandfather was j.h.swale. my line goes from his son also john henry .he also lived in epwoth street.an accountant b.1809.his son charles whitmore swale.b.1837.he was a twin joseph lyon swale.charles married jane shaw .went to canada.had my gt grandmother laura 1861-2.they came back to liverpool as they are on 1871census .laure age10.charles7and george 5 .jane is there but not charles.im wondering did he go back to canada.joseph his twin also went to canada.i found a baptism of a caroline annie and john henry swale on the same date 1860 .wonder if the were twins.anyway.cant find charles who was a joiner.ive have a copy of photo of j.h.swale .he looks very grand.hope to hear from you or anyone who has any info.caz

cazza has a thread Here re John Henry Swale

(thanks geneius )

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

womenswrites

Wink Cousin!

Hello Cousin Carol!

Delighted to meet you! I would *love* to see your photo of J.H. Swale. Fascinating that some of them went to Canada.

Interesting information you have there. It would be grand to sit down and compare notes. I would love to see Liverpool.

Please email me if you'd like to share the photo or any other info you might have. Thanks so much for writing.

Beth Browne
    beth at bethbrownebooks dot com (I added spaces to protect from spammers, please delete spaces, but remember my e in browne!)

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    Hi beth.my name is carol i live in liverpool.my gggg.grandfather was j.h.swale. my line goes from his son also john henry .he also lived in epwoth street.an accountant b.1809.his son charles whitmore swale.b.1837.he was a twin joseph lyon swale.charles married jane shaw .went to canada.had my gt grandmother laura 1861-2.they came back to liverpool as they are on 1871census .laure age10.charles7and george 5 .jane is there but not charles.im wondering did he go back to canada.joseph his twin also went to canada.i found a baptism of a caroline annie and john henry swale on the same date 1860 .wonder if the were twins.anyway.cant find charles who was a joiner.ive have a copy of photo of j.h.swale .he looks very grand.hope to hear from you or anyone who has any info.caz

Hi beth been e.maling you but keeps failing.hope to get in touch soon.iwill keep tryin.cazzer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456