Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    booklady

Thumbs up Wow - Many Many Thanks

Gosh! Thanks so much for looking into this for me. Still seems strange that the person who registered the birth was down as occupier rather than custodian or something similar. Anyway, it looks like I'll be paying a visit over that way for the October half term. My Mother spent some of her childhood nearby and had been hoping we could go there but I'm sure she'll make do with this.

Hopefully, my Aunt will have a rough idea of her birthday and year of birth and then I can work out if the Jane Williams I have identified on the 1901 census is her.

Once again many thanks and good luck with your searches. Who are you searching for and what area?

Starting to feel at home

Hi BookLady,
    I know the building well, it is (was) Bron y Garth hospital (Ysbyty Bron y Garth) It was closed last year when Ysbyty Alltwen opened in Porthmadoc. It was up for sale and may have been sold by now, probably going to be developed into luxury apartments <grin> nice to have a home with a bit of history dont you think and maybe the odd ghost or two?
    Regards
    Linda

Starting to feel at home

Smile

This is a link to a person who was an inmate of Llys Ednyfed (courtesy of Google).
    Godo

https://wbo.llgc.org.uk/en/s-OWEN-JON-1831.html

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Booklady
    LLwn ednyfed was the wokhouse and Penryndeudraeth,also where unmarried mothers had their child and then later it became a hospital...Bron y garth but is now dissused.....
    https://www.workhouses.org.uk/Festiniog/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12