urncollar1984

Default Francis Scanlan, St.Patricks Parish,Glasgow,

Hi,
    I'm looking to trace the relatives of Mary(Cissie) Scanlan (my mother) born 1901,Anderston, Glasgow, father Francis Scanlan, 5 ? children. Cissie, dual wedding in 1927, with close friends,the Skivingtons. Cissie, moved to Ireland with husband Wm Kennedy & had a large, happy family there. Any info welcomed.

Hallo urncollar, and a warm welcome to BG. I have moved your thread to the Glasgow forum, where hopefully it will be read by someone able to help.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

If you go to the pay per view site Scotlandspeople and purchase some credits (£7) you can download your mother's birth certificate if you don't already have it. Entering Mary Sclanl?n (which brings up both Scanlan and Scanlen), and specifying Lanarkshire and 1901 only brings up one possible hit, for a Mary Ann Scanlan in Anderston.

Her birth certificate should give you the names of her parents, her mother's maiden name, and hopefully the date of their marriage.

A 1911 census for the same parameters, with Francis as a second forename to be searched for, should bring up the family and show you how many children there were in the family with their names and ages.
    Sue Mackay

urncollar1984

Sue, Thanks for interest/advice. Family booklet re our mother,Mary Ann (Cissie)Kennedy, nee Scanlan printed. My brother returns from Africa for his 80th birthday, the only member of family who has not visited Glasgow. As a b-present, would like to organise a trip to Glasgow & meet any of the relatives there. But have no contacts for those relatives. Suggestions/how ? Thanks. Liam Kennedy

You could try a letter to a local paper such as the Glasgow Herald.

Anyone reading this thread who knows of living descendants should be aware that this forum does not permit details of living people to be posted, so any information should be sent to urncollar1984 via private message
    Sue Mackay

urncollar1984

Thanks Sue...will try the Herald.....& inform you of the outcome....Liam