Mouseytata

Default Has anyone heard of the "Tulloch scheme"

Hello
    I was recently given a load of old photos and documents to do with my family who all hale from east Kent in England.
    However there is one photo that I cannot place anywhere and I would like some help please.
    There is a address on the back that I cannot read fully and I am trying to find out where it is in order to try and find out who the people were.
    All I can make out is

2* R*tt*en Avenue
    Perth
    Scotland
    Tulloch scheme

I believe the photo was taken 1950s 1960s and I would like to know if the area still exists and if I could get a electoral roll for the times or a map of the area.

Thank you
    Bill.

Famous for offering help & advice

If no-one here knows the answer, you will almost certainly find help from the Local Studies department of the AK Bell Library in Perth (the main public library there) - see https://www.pkc.gov.uk/localstudies. Someone there ought to be able to work out the street name, and I think that's also where the electoral rolls would be kept.

A quick search reveals a Scottish housebuilder called Tulloch Homes - I wonder if they were in existence then and built an estate in Perth?

Arthur

The Dundee Courier, Tue 6 May 1947 carries a picture of a "prefab" under construction with the description -
    "HOUSES ON WHEELS

"Aluminium prefabs being erected in the Tulloch scheme at Perth are carried by bogies running on rails to the foundations previously prepared. Photo shows a section being lowered from a lorry. When the four sections have been assembled they are bolted together"
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

The same paper, Wed 15 Mar 1950, carried an article headed "KIRK SESSION STOPS PERTH EXTENSION" and the report included the following paragraph

"St Mark's opinion was that, in view of the changing population in the prefabricated houses in the Tulloch scheme, the church authorities might delay the building of the hall until permanent houses were erected".

old maps https://old-maps.co.uk/index.html

click on link and enter coordinates 309640 725170
    click on any of the the later (1959 onwards) maps to load main window
    click main window to zoom/enhance view

Haven't spotted a name that fits "R*tt*n* but interesting to see the development of the area

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseytata View Post

Tulloch scheme

Scheme is a general Scottish word for a housing estate (usually local authority).
    ELWYN

https://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=14884&p=0

Includes e.mail addresses that might help re "local knowledge" if contacted?

brucel

2 Ruthven Avenue was never part of Tulloch it was part of the Hunters area

2 Ruthven Avenue is now named Malcolm Court

Yours Aye
    BruceL

Joe Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseytata View Post
    Hello
    I was recently given a load of old photos and documents to do with my family who all hale from east Kent in England.
    However there is one photo that I cannot place anywhere and I would like some help please.
    There is a address on the back that I cannot read fully and I am trying to find out where it is in order to try and find out who the people were.
    All I can make out is

2* R*tt*en Avenue
    Perth
    Scotland
    Tulloch scheme

I believe the photo was taken 1950s 1960s and I would like to know if the area still exists and if I could get a electoral roll for the times or a map of the area.

Thank you
    Bill.
    I would be interested to see this photo if you can scan it and upload? A lot of my extended family and other families I know lived in Hunters scheme decades ago and some in Ruthven Avenue in particular. My elderly mother (now 80) might recognise some of the people.

Regards,
    Joe