Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veronika

Default East Lavant, SSW Wakeford and Jennings

Hello team. My ancestors, William Wakeford and Maria Jennings, married 29 Sep 1823 in East Lavant. Does anyone know how I can hope to find their parents' names? Maybe I need sks who can view the actual marriage record?

Nicolina

did you know that there was a burial for William WAKEFORD, aged 23, on 6th Dec 1832? Could he be yours?

Veronika

Default East Lavant, SSW Wakeford and Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    did you know that there was a burial for William WAKEFORD, aged 23, on 6th Dec 1832? Could he be yours?

Thank you kindly, Nicolina...but his last child was born 1841

Hi Veronika
    I see the marriage record on familysearch.org and it may just be that the original has more information than the transcription.

There is a very helpful thread Here that gives instructions for ordering an email copy of the original record.

This is where you find the form - type photoduplication service in the box under Search Research Articles

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Nicolina

have you found him on the 1841 Census? The reason I ask is because 2 years AFTER my 3xGreat Grandmother's husband died she had a son, then 2 years later another one. Both of them have her dead husband's name as father!!!!!!!!! Must have been a miracle or two.

Veronika

~wanders back in from the wilderness~

Yes, Nicolina. He's on the 1841C in Willey, Warwickshire. He died inAnglesea in 1847, leaving Maria with 10 children. Turned out a rather successful mob too, i might add

Welcome back wanderer
    Sadly Nicolina, a valued member of BG, has died.
    Are you still looking for William Wakeford and Maria Jennings' parents? If so maybe others will be able to help.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Veronika

Gosh! That's such a shock, and very sad

As for my Wakeford dilemma, because i was genealogically-absent for a year or so due to my computor dying, i am not finding it simple to know exactly where i was up to
    I suspect i purchased an email copy of the marriage of William Wakeford and Maria Jennings, 29 Sep 1823 in East Lavant, Chichester, Sussex-West, but it has vanished along with that computor

I think...the certificate showed William born 1799, father a Thomas Wakeford

However, the book, "Assisting Emigration to Upper Canada, the Petworth Project (1832-1837) holds an application from William and Maria states William was baptised 27 Oct 1893, from East Lavant, parents John Wakeford and Sarah Fleet

HELP!!

Growing old Disgracefully

Have you seen this on Family Search its the only William coming up for East Lavant, Sussex

Name: William Wakeford
    Christening Date: 27 Oct 1793
    Christening Place: EAST LAVANT,SUSSEX,ENGLAND
    Father's Name: John Wakeford.
    Mother's Name: Sarah.

sorry should have read other post properly.

If this is him he would have been 30 when he got married.

Have you got a copy of his death Cert which will tell you how old he was when he died to give us a clue when he was born.

Veronika

Thank you kindly, Sandy

Yes, i had found that very likely candidate for my direct ancestor. My problem is, his marriage certificate (from memory!) seemed to indicate his father was Thomas Wakeford, but now that i bounce off you i'm thinking that maybe the marriage witness, Thomas Wakeford, was not his father, but his brother!!!

Methinks your effort has solved my decade-long dilemma

I like that..."growing old disgracefully"
    Kind Regards
    Veronika

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast