pamelabee

Default Hunting Harriotts

A Hampshire based relative newcomer to the art of tracing ancestors, I've been drawn in to the world of fellmongers, butchers and farmers to the extent that my waking thought this morning was 'When did the County boundaries change in England and could they all be lurking in the next County and why did they call everyone the same name?' and off the hunt goes again...

So far I've found a delightful cousin who is also interested in genealogy, discovered that my maternal Grandmother was engagingly naughty and a possible darker link to plantations in Jamaica. I'm currently stuck in the late 1700's chasing farmers and will be hunting the forums for any help on offer!

welcome to BG, Pamela. You will find we are all similarly addicted here! I look forwards reading about your various quests in the relevant part of the forum
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Welcome to Brit-Gen pamelabee

Like all the members of Brit-Gen you have been slowly but surely enticed in to the world of genealogy and for most of us there is no escape. As if our own families don't give us enough grief we love to get involved in the search for the families of other members. Gluttons for punishment aren't we?

Finding living relations is great and just makes the hunt more enjoyable when stuck.

I look forward to reading about your problem ancestors when you are ready to post.

christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Wilkes_ml

Hi and welcome...Yes, the addiction is strong and you will find many of us are addicts too, and we all love a challenge of solving someone else's mystery!

Hatshepsut

G'day Pamela...welcome to the wonderful world of genealogy. Genealogy is the first thing we all think about on waking and our last thought at night ....you will fit in well here

Pamela, if they're really elusive, don't forget that Heriot/Herriot/etc is a common name in the Scottish Borders - and ancestral name spelling can be fuzzy.

Oh, and welcome in!