Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joanna1941

Hello... I am interested in non-comformists posts... do you nkow anyone who may do this particular branch of work in the North East... Mainly Middlesborough / Guisborough / Witney / Ormesby area???
    Your posting was good,,, Thanks

Reputation beyond repute

Hello... I am interested in non-comformists
    This thread is about non-conformists being mentioned in parish registers. If you want non-conformist and other non-parochial registers, most surviving registers (pre-1837ish) are online at BMDRegisters. For post 1837, you can use civil registration.

Wilkes_ml

Ancestry & The Genealogist also have non-conformist registers online, but I'm not sure of the date coverage. If you are looking for late baptisms of teenagers/adults (that are indicitive of non-conformist beliefs) in the parish registers in the areas you are interested in, you could either hire a private researcher, or order microfilms via your local Family History centre (Latter Day Saints) https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

Wilkes_ml

Another one to add to the list, this time in the parish register of St. Mary the Virgin, Bocking, Essex .....at the end of the marriages but before the burials! (D/P 268/1/3 image 172)

"Born, not baptised - being Dissenters

Mary daughter of John & Mary REEVE born November 16th 1768
    Rebekah daughter of John & Mary REEVE born January 5th 1770"

Wilkes_ml

I was interested to find in the parish register of St. Nicolas, Witham, Essex, in-between the baptisms 1676-1677, inserted several "batches" of families baptised with dates ranging from 1670-1730 (images 9 & 10).

These appear to be summaries rather than batch baptisms, as the baptisms are on different dates/years and are not in order chronologically.

In amongst thes batches of baptisms is what appear to be a batch of non-conformists, as they are listed as births and "registered"

The children of Edward & Martha POWELL:
    Thomas POWEL was born September ye 19th 1713
    Martha POWEL was born November ye 3rd 1714
    Edward POWEL was born June the 28th 1718
    Mary POWEL was born July ye 27th 1721

mem. These 4 children were registered by me A. Brookbank Curate at Witham 1730

Wilkes_ml

Also amongst the baptisms at St. Nicolas, Witham, Essex (image 10 in the marriages column!)

Sarah daughter of John Jackson the Eldest son of William Jackson was born January 3rd 1736/7
    Elizabeth was born August 2nd 1738
    William Jnr April 2nd 1740
    Registered by a Brookbank, Curate

Wilkes_ml

Been a while, but I've finally stumbled across another one!

Entered in the parish register of St. John the Baptist, Sedlescomb(e), Sussex, at the beginning of the composite register 1725-1802 (PAR-481/1/1/3) image 754 of 794 on scanned images on Family Search.

"A register of the births of children of dissenters within the parish of Sedlescomb in the County of Sussex. The first that I have had notice of is a daughter of Samuel CROFT & Elizabeth his wife - her name Elizabeth born November 30th 1740"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12