Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chris Long

Default Where's Pehr (Peter) Leverentz come from?

My wife has hit a brick wall trying to trace the origins of PEHR LEVERENTZ born 1834, according to his marriage record in 1865 in London England, he was born in Sweden.

Census records from 1871 onwards show him as being born in Sweden but nothing more specific about his place of birth. There does not appear to be any record of him in the UK before is marriage in 1865 to LOUISA LUCY THOMPSON.

She would like to find out more details about his parents and early life. Searching the internet has proven nothing apart from the name Leverentz being a name of German Origins, so perhaps his parents were German but visiting Sweden at the time of his birth.

She is now stuck as to where to look next for the information, having tried Ancestry and Find my Past.

It would be really helpful if anyone could steer us in a sensible direction, or even hopefully know someone whop is a descendant of Pehr

gasser

Sorry can't help with this except to suggest exploring the website Swedish Roots...might steer you in the right direction.

Nicolina

also try looking for PER (no H), that's the Swedish way of spelling it.

Wilkes_ml

Did he give a father's name & occupation on his marriage certificate?

There are 3 baptisms around 1834 in sweden with Pe(h)r Joachim Leverentz as the father and Ulrica Jonsdr as the mother. Also, the Swedish Church record images are browsable on family search

Wilkes_ml

Although no Pehr himself, the other three children who could be his siblings were

Ebba Charlotta christened 3 May 1832 SODERTALJE STADSFORSAMLING, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
    Beata Eugenia christened 21 August 1834 SODERTALJE STADSFORSAMLING, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
    Abel August christened 11 October 1836 SODERTALJE STADSFORSAMLING, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN

Wilkes_ml

I just realised you can only browse the images at a LDS Family history centre, though I couldn't see a batch of images that matched the SODERTALJE STADSFORSAMLING, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN exactly. The chances are, Pehr is in there, but could be mistranscribed or under a different spelling.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I googled the name PehrLEVERENTZ a 2008 request on genesreunited form somone named Phylis appeared it uses the phrase 'he went ot England' !

Wilkes_ml

Or could it be possible that he was actually born and baptised Abel, the son of Pehr but when he moved to the UK he chose to change his name to that of his father for some reason?

Beata Eugenie was born 21 Aug 1834 and Abel August was born 01 Oct 1836, so there was 26 months between them, so it is possible Pehr could have been born between them, or he could have been born later if his age is out on the census.

samigirl

Hi there. I am the relative of Pehr Leverentz from Sweden, who married in London in 1865. I think I have information that may help you, if you are still looking for it. I had difficulty tracing Pehr's Swedish roots, and eventually I contacted the Swedish authority who were very helpful. It seems that Pehr opted out of using the family's patronymic surname and elected to call himself 'Leverentz' on all his documentation. That is why I, too, hit many brick walls. Please feel free to message me privately, if this system allows you to do so. (I have only joined so that I can make contact with you.) If not, message me here with an email address. Hoping to hear from you.

Julie0302

I too am related to Pehr Leverentz and believe him to be either my great or grand father. Have only just joined this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast